Bordered Caption

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Bordered Caption

Postby Sizzles » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:56 pm

I would like my captions to be in a bordered box with a gradient background and have it slide into the frame. Can someone please tell me the best way to do this? Thank you!

Re: Bordered Caption

Postby im42n8 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:07 pm

Here's a very simple Example

1) Add a Gradient layer ("A"). Aspect is the same as the show (16:9... use 1280x720 or 1600:900). Unlock the axes for zoom. Set Zoom-x to 25 and Zoom-y to 15. Scale is Fill Frame.
2) Duplicate layer ("B"). Set to all white. Move to below the original layer. Set zoom-x a to 26 and zoom-y to 26.78
3) Add a text layer ("C"). Enter the Caption (for jollies: "My Caption"). Make it the first layer.

Because the duplicate layer, "B") has a zoom of 26, half of it is the the left of its center and half to the right... or 13. The layers are centered. So, to place it (the caption box outline/frame) at the exact edge of the screen, it must move 50 + 13 or a distance of 63. Therefore, all layers must move a total distance of 63 (so move together as one unit, all must travel the exact same distance over the exact same amount of time). So, add some keyframes to each layer. A basic setup is to set each layer with a keyframe at 1 second into the slide time. The setting at keyframe 2 for each layer is then 0. The setting for each layer's keyframe 1 is -63.

That should give you something to work with so that you can build your actual caption box.

Good luck!

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Re: Bordered Caption

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:57 am

A brief outline of what Dale has explained is:
Layer 1: Text layer (caption converted to layer)
Layer 2: Gradient
Layer 3: Same gradient turned white

Variation for just a frame:
Turn layer 2 into a transparency-inverted mask so it cuts out the center of layer 3.

Depending on the type of motion you use, you may have to set pan (and rotate if you use it) to "linear" motion. "Smooth" sometimes has the layers arriving at different times.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to PSP - General Discussion