Producer 6, Publish for tablet

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Producer 6, Publish for tablet

Postby Triggaaar » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:34 am

Hi all

I recently upgraded from PS Gold to producer, and I'm just checking out the publish options.

I can select from iPad (1st/2nd gen), iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPad Mini with Retina Display and iPad with Retina Display (3rd/4th gen).

Since I'm creating the show for clients, and their devices will change over time, I'm wondering what the best choices are (and exactly what the differences are between those options).

I may include a standard 1080p Mpeg 2 and Mpeg 4 version of the show, and I don't even know if some of the tablet options are basically the same as Mpeg 4. And finally, what about all the phone options?

Could someone shed some light on what the differences are between the outputs of these various options are, and whether one is a good generic choice?

Many thanks
Mike

Re: Producer 6, Publish for tablet

Postby debngar » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:51 am

It doesn't hurt to try different versions. At one time, I made a version to be viewed on a Samsung tablet and also my Samsung phone but the show and devices are a couple of years old. I think it was MP4 at 720o but 1080p might do too. Once you copy the versions to the device, play them back and see what you like the best. You can always delete the ones you don't want.

As you say, devices change so quickly, it's hard to say what will be best for future. IMO, render the best you can get that will play smoothly.

Someone else that has done more of these recently may have better input for your answer.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby Triggaaar » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:10 pm

Thanks Debbie

I can't test them all, as I don't have the devices that clients will have. What would be useful is if the software said exactly what the choices meant - eg, mp4, 1080p, and frame rate etc, so we could make a more educated choice.

Postby debngar » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:21 pm

When you click on a choice, it should tell you if it's 720p, 1080p, etc. Look to the right side lower right of the window.
Debbie

Postby Triggaaar » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:23 am

debngar wrote:When you click on a choice, it should tell you if it's 720p, 1080p, etc. Look to the right side lower right of the window.
Oh my, so it does. Thank you! :) So for the apple tablets it's simply 1080p or High Quality.

I'm having basic problem with the standard output at the moment. Selecting MPEG-4 H.264 1080p is giving me a jittery show. I believe the default frame rate is 29.97, so I'm trying doubling that to 59.94 (I have no idea if that's a better option than 60), by using the Custom Video option. But this probably isn't a great idea, it's not like I'm making a fast paced video game. Something else must be causing the problem.

Do you have any recommendations for the Compression setting, when not streaming (ie, delivering a video on USB)? I read that Blu Ray is about 20mbs, and streaming up to 5mbps (for fast connections). I'll try 10 and see how it goes. I doubt it'll matter too much, as long as I can sort out the jitters.

Many thanks for taking the time to reply, I appreciate it.

Postby debngar » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:51 am

I can't speak for Blu Ray as I don't have a player or burner with that format.

I haven't rendered that many different formats. Maybe someone else can provide some input on frame rate and how it affects the playback.

Good Luck.
Debbie

Postby Triggaaar » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:04 am

debngar wrote:I can't speak for Blu Ray as I don't have a player or burner with that format.
Actually I'm not doing it for Bluray, more for multimedia devices, like tablets and PCs. It's taking 3 hours to create each show, so testing is a bit painful :) I don't want to do a small show and test, as I've had good results before and replicating it doesn't seem to be easy.

Good Luck.
Thanks you :)

Return to PSP - General Discussion