Gold verses Producer

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Re: Gold verses Producer

Postby hcajones » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:25 pm

I asked this same question quite some time ago. I made the switch just to get some basic things that really help make a show pop (gradient colors, for example, which aren't in PSG), and things which help make it easier to build a show (setting volume points, for example, which is not available in PSG). I make long and somewhat complicated shows, but I don't need the higher-end features of PSP (for example, keyframing), at least not yet. But just things like gradients and more flexibility with captions let me build shows in PSP that I like better than those I could build in PSG,

Postby Don Hammock » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:49 am

I think I will very soon have to cash to Upgrage to PSP. BUT, a new confusion- I have seen so many different opinions on whether to get the absolute latest, wait a while till the bugs are worked out, or buy an Older, reliable version. HELP !!! LOL
Thanks a million,
Don

Postby cherub » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:30 am

Don Hammock wrote:I think I will very soon have to cash to Upgrage to PSP. BUT, a new confusion- I have seen so many different opinions on whether to get the absolute latest, wait a while till the bugs are worked out, or buy an Older, reliable version. HELP !!! LOL
Thanks a million,
Don

Hi Don,

I don't believe that there will be any newer/revised version of Producer 7 to "iron the bugs", as you say.
Not sure why you think that ver. 6 is free of bugs and "reliable". It most certainly has its own glitches :D

So, my advice is that if you wish to upgrade to Producer, you may do so now.
Producer 7.0.3527 is the latest to date, and it has the most features. You also get the free music library, which has its merits.
Good luck !

Postby Don Hammock » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:01 pm

Mona,
Thanks for the input! But I think I forgot to mention that I am Upgrading from PSG 5 to PSP. That's why I was confused seeing the people who were allready on PSP about the different versions of it. In your opinion, do you still think 7 is the way to go coming from PSG 5? Thanks,
Don

Postby cherub » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:40 pm

Don Hammock wrote:Mona,
Thanks for the input! But I think I forgot to mention that I am Upgrading from PSG 5 to PSP. That's why I was confused seeing the people who were already on PSP about the different versions of it. In your opinion, do you still think 7 is the way to go coming from PSG 5? Thanks,
Don

Yes.
There isn't all that much difference between Producer 5, Producer 6 and Producer 7. It's just that each version has some additional new feature.
It's true that the icons have changed in ver. 7, but that's just a matter of aesthetics, nothing more.
But, even if you upgrade from Gold ver. 5 to Gold ver. 7, you would still get those icons anyway.

Producer is different from Gold, and there is definitely a learning curve, no matter what version you upgrade to. So, let it be the latest. :D

Postby Don Hammock » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:53 am

Thanks a Million Mona !!!

Postby Don Hammock » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:15 am

Well, I finally took the plunge and upgraded to PSP 7.
Let the learning curve from PSG to PSP begin!

I am Quite sure I will be here a LOT with questions until I feel comfortable with it.
Thanks to everyone for your inputs and urging me to finally let PSG go and move up to PSP!

Thanks again,
Don

Previous

Return to PSP - General Discussion