Can you add a vignette to a whole show

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Can you add a vignette to a whole show

Postby Fcs » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:23 pm

Some times I want to put a vignette over a whole show and the only way I am able to do it is to place solid color as layer in say slide 1 and select vignette on this layer then use it as a masking layer. I then copy this layer to all slides in the show, then the nuisance part - I have to go to each slide in turn and select the solid layer a masking layer.
Is there a simpler way???

Re: Can you add a vignette to a whole show

Postby cherub » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:05 am

I'm not aware of any other way to do this, but the one that you just described.
The function of masking cannot be copied to other slides.

Re: Can you add a vignette to a whole show

Postby im42n8 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:31 am

Depending on the type of vignette you're wanting to do, masking all of the layers on a slide using the first slide is NOT going to work ... you can't place a mask set within a mask set. So, if that's what you're trying to do, that's a non-starter for slides already containing mask sets. Alternatively, the first two layers (perhaps) can be used to create an vignetting effect over the other layers on any given slide. However, like Mona noted, the masking function is NOT copiable to other slides. You'll have to enable that function on each slide to which you copied the mask set (the mask layer and the layers that are being masked). This is a kind of stencil-like effect ... for some kinds of vignetting.

As Mona intimated, there is no way to vignette an entire show as you described ... it must be done a slide at a time. Some "vignetting" effects can be created as a graphic that acts as a stencil when placed as the top layer in the layer stack. Copying this layer to other slides results in the layer being the top-most layer on the other slides. That's probably as close as you're going to get to a "vignette" over a whole show.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Return to PSP - General Discussion