page moving left and right

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

page moving left and right

Postby system » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:14 pm

hello, you know why the page when it turns right and goes left?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B97DCu02XSfiREJKT3hCMVhOMEk/view?usp=sharing

thank you

Re: page moving left and right

Postby im42n8 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:16 pm

A simple example: ... the graphic is set to a scale of fill frame. That way, it stops resizing when the left and right of the graphic are the same size as the screen (frame) left and right. The graphic is then sized to a zoom of 50%. Then, it's moved to a position of 25,0 (for all keyframes). Set the rotate center to -50 for all keyrames. Let's assume, for the time being that there are only 2 keyframes. the horizontal tilt is set to 0 for keyframe 1 and 90 for keyframe 2.

Basically, that's the core of what's happening with the graphic you showed. Specifics depend on the graphic itself, placement on the screen, and what you're trying to do. But, that's the gist of it...

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby heckydog » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:50 pm

The question might be, why does the page disappear when it's halfway through the turn?

It seems to disappear abruptly right before the video ends. I'm not familiar with that style so I don't know the answer if that is the question.

Joe

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:04 am

The layer that's the turning page definitely disappears just as Heckydog points out, which makes me wonder if, in the keyframes following the point at which it tilts to 90 degrees, it's not going to 180 degrees. The one thing I didn't see was what you describe: the page turns right and goes left. As far as I can tell, it's turning in the correct direction but isn't following through on it.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby im42n8 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:03 am

The page "disappears" halfway through the turn because the page gets to 90-degrees tilt and is therefore edge-on. There's nothing nefarious about it. The page simply disappears because it reached 90 degrees tilt AND probably because it was also the last keyframe that tilted that layer. Whoever did the effect didn't want to continue to 180 degrees (to complete the page turn effect). They didn't fade the graphic as it approached the last degree or two ... just ended that layer at 90 degrees tilt.

My guess is that you're not "supposed" to pay attention to the fact that the page "disappeared" but to the fact that a page was "turned" in a fashion that "revealed" the next page to the right side of the "book." Suspend reality for a moment and on think about the page moving out of the way of the next one ... simple effect without dealing with any ramifications of reality getting in the way of things.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:14 am

im42n8 wrote:Suspend reality for a moment and think about the page moving out of the way of the next one ... simple effect without dealing with any ramifications of reality getting in the way of things.

To my eye, the effect is unacceptable. The page seems to get sucked down into a deep crevasse where there are probably spiders and centipedes and other creepy things. :mrgreen:

Barbara

Postby heckydog » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:26 am

BarbaraC wrote:
im42n8 wrote:Suspend reality for a moment and think about the page moving out of the way of the next one ... simple effect without dealing with any ramifications of reality getting in the way of things.

To my eye, the effect is unacceptable. The page seems to get sucked down into a deep crevasse where there are probably spiders and centipedes and other creepy things. :mrgreen:

Barbara

Barbara,

You took the words right out of my mouth. I was thinking about spiders and centipedes too. :cry: The photo is a bit fuzzy but it looks like the keyframes end too soon.

Nice guess Dale, but I don't agree with your assessment. You're making definitive statements when in fact there's not enough information to make those conclusions. Perhaps the OP can chime in and clarify his question.

Postby system » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:27 am

Thank you very much im42n8
Sorry for my english.
Eventually adjusting "rotate center" I managed to solve. The result is this :D

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B97DCu ... sp=sharing

page stops at 90 ° because I had to insert the other

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:42 am

system wrote:Thank you very much im42n8
Sorry for my english.
Eventually adjusting "rotate center" I managed to solve. The result is this :D

page stops at 90 ° because I had to insert the other

Much better! There's a slight shift as the page(s) turn, and this may be nothing more than having to fine tune the rotation points.

Barbara

Postby system » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:44 am

BarbaraC wrote:Much better! There's a slight shift as the page(s) turn, and this may be nothing more than having to fine tune the rotation points.
Barbara

I have tried in many ways but did not succeed.
If I provide the download link of the project could someone fix it? :cry:

Or is banned from the forum? Thanks

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:06 am

system wrote:I have tried in many ways but did not succeed.
If I provide the download link of the project could someone fix it? :cry:

Or is banned from the forum? Thanks

No, it's not banned. Someone here may want to fool around with it to see if there's a solution.

It just occurred to me that it may have something to do with how you have the motion set. Sometimes it's merely a matter of changing it from Smooth to Linear. I'm not sure if it would make a difference in this case, but you could also try setting Curve to 0%.

Barbara

Postby system » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:33 am

BarbaraC wrote:No, it's not banned. Someone here may want to fool around with it to see if there's a solution.
It just occurred to me that it may have something to do with how you have the motion set. Sometimes it's merely a matter of changing it from Smooth to Linear. I'm not sure if it would make a difference in this case, but you could also try setting Curve to 0%.
Barbara

Tried not work, if someone wants to try from here can do the download

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:52 am

I downloaded it and tried to fix the problem, but the shape of the paper is being taken into account for the settings, and I can't seem to work out the logic behind it. The rotate center changes quite a bit, which is something I've never seen before, not in this kind of situation anyway. Maybe someone else can figure it out.

Barbara

Postby cherub » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:31 pm

system wrote:
Tried not work, if someone wants to try from here can do the download

Mystery solved :D :D

You are not showing us in the video clip, the same slide that you have uploaded.

The files used in the slide itself (that you have uploaded for us), are not the same as the files that you attached in the folder.
When opening the show, Producer is looking for a missing file named pager.sx.png which is non existent.
That missing file, starts with a keyframe positioned at 6 seconds (the middle of the slide), and horizontal tilting of - 90 degrees.

On the other hand, you have uploaded a file with the name "page.sx.png which isn't being used in the show at all.

My solution: rename the file page.sx.png as "pager.sx.png" and reload the show. The slide will start working properly.

But, just know that who ever did this, didn't do it quite right. A page turn effect should take into account the Rotation Center of the page, and this one doesn't.

I'm uploading an image of what's happening, just to clarify.

Here is the image:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_qGURem3N70/V ... oard01.png
Last edited by cherub on Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby im42n8 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:35 pm

The two graphic are differently sized ... Since the graphical outlining is the same looking, simply duplicate pnd page dx. Then set the keyframes at the same times as used by "The_Book sx."

Set the smoothing to LINEAR for all keyframe.

Layer 1 kf1: 9s, kf2: 11s, kf3: 16s
Layer 2 kf1: 0s, kf2: 7s; kf3: 9s.

Layer 1: pan= 20.87,0; z=96,96; RC=-50; horiz tilt: 90// pan=auto, z=auto; horiz tilt: 90 // all kf's are auto except for horizontal tilt: 180 // same as kf2
Layer 2: pan = 20.87,0; z=96,96; RC =-50; horiz tilt=0// pan = auto; rc= auto; z = auto; horiz tilt=0 // same as kf2 except horiz tilt=90

Now, I know there are some slight differences with the two graphics ... but it's mostly just size and then controlling the position and rotate center.
If you want to use the original layer 1, set the zoom to 96, the pan at -20.3, -1 at kf1, at kf2 and kf3 its -20.4, -1. Its rotate center is at -90 at kf1 and 0 at kf2 and kf3. The rotate center is 50 for all keyframes.

Control what you can ... keep it simple until you've mastered the simple ... then, you can revise the things that can cause real problems.

Dale

Take a look at the file in the link below. It revises the effect with some tweaks to the settings that were given above. It's a simple solution to the desired effect. However, it would help if the two graphics were exactly the same size . . . that reduces some of the complexities associated file placement, size, and rotate center values...

Revised File Example. . .
Last edited by im42n8 on Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Return to PSP - General Discussion