Layer caption don't do it ...

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Layer caption don't do it ...

Postby princotw » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:46 pm

I put 8 layers for doing this text animation as should be a title animation.
With Producer 6 write IMMORTAL on a blank slide it's not easy if you want put some effect txt. I do each letter after one and so
from different place and put it in place to form that word (must be is a long job). Have you some other way to do that.
Thank for your answer.

Re: Layer caption don't do it ...

Postby cherub » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:53 pm

I don't know what kind of animation you have in mind for your title, but it seems to me that you are not looking in the right place.

ProShow comes with quite a few ready made caption effects. Have you tried any of those ?
Your caption doesn't have to be a text layer for that. It can be a simple, regular caption.

Moreover, you have some built-in slide styles for this too. Look in the category "Captions and Titles" and maybe you'll find what you need.

Postby Astra » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:21 pm

.... Hard to give an advice, what animation you want to achieve, without getting more details (like "Cherub" said above) -
- so - by my opinion : Leave yourself enough TIME for whole sequence - (to do in ONE SLIDE) ..... you are right, that you will probably need 8 LAYERS, one for each letter .... START with the LAST Keyframe for each letter = (what you want your final caption to look like) .... VERTICAL adjustment could be done by IDENTICAL coordinates, (horizontal by guessing) .... you are right, will take some time to do it ...
Alex/Astra

Postby princotw » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:40 am

I finish to put that I want to see , my english is not my language .

https://vimeo.com/121040388

I hope you tell me something......bye

Postby cherub » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:52 am

I see now what kind of animation you had in mind.
Obviously, it is very important to you that the letters come from the left corner and land in the middle of the screen, one after the other. If you really need this effect, then, you are right. You have to animate each letter separately.
Personally, I fail to see why this effect is so important.

As I suggested earlier, you may achieve something similar by applying one of the ready made caption effects that come with Producer, with much less effort on your part.
Try the Curling effect, or Fade Flip in, or Fade Right or any other that you might like, and see how easy it is to do it.

Postby im42n8 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:26 am

For the animated effect you want to achieve, yes, one letter at a time is the only way to achieve it. It's always been this way. Existing effects can be so limiting ... or unsatisfying

There are a number of reasons why you might want or need this type of effect ... don't let anyone bully you into doing something other than what you think you need or to denigrate your efforts. Keep working at the effect until you get what you need or until you get the look that you want.

Once you have figured out the flexibility offered by a text layer (that is, how to manipulate it using both the layer features and the caption features), you can achieve some very amazing looking effects. But, you do need to experiment with the text layers for awhile before you can truly become a master of them. Mix up the layer features with caption features .... add a layer effect too. Building up this expertise only comes from time ... and it's the only way to figure out what you can and cannot do.

One of the interesting side effects of spending so much time figuring out how to work with text layers (or any "feature" for that matter) to create an effect is that the amount of time necessary to create a specific effect lessens. Once you know what you can do (that is, what is possible) and how to do it, the time and perceived effort required is much less.

Good Luck!

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby princotw » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:29 am

To im42n8

I am very glad when I read your reply about my demand. You said many things that I would hear and I think so.
Thanks.

Postby im42n8 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:44 pm

When you have played with text layers enough to get a good understanding of them, the next thing that might raise your expertise and facility with text layers, is to review how to work with them AND use rotate center. The link below is a tutorial that might help. Yes, it is in English but, if you work your way through what I'm doing, you'll gain a deeper understanding of what I'm doing.

Understanding Rotate Center functionality is crucial to making the most out of text layers (but, it's not a requirement to simply use them ... only to make effective use of them).

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=22517

This worksheet (multiple language capable) does some of the math for you (to help understand and work with Rotate Center). It's an Excel worksheet that works with Excel 97 through to the most recent release:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=23117

Good luck and have fun!

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Return to PSP - General Discussion