custom layer scaling

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

custom layer scaling

Postby Ninanoki » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:09 am

how can i make a horizontal rectangle as a slide layer? i try to add a solid color layer but it is scaled (fit to frame, scale to frame...) but i want it to be custom. how can i do that?

Re: custom layer scaling

Postby cherub » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:29 pm

Ninanoki wrote: I try to add a solid color layer but it is scaled (fit to frame, scale to frame...) but i want it to be custom. how can i do that?

You need to unlock the X and Y zoom values.
This is done by clicking on the little chain icon that you see in between the words "Zoom X Smooth" and "Zoom Y Smooth"
This will change the icon into an open chain, and now you can resize zoom X separately from zoom Y.
You can change the zooms or you can drag the corners until you reach the form that you need.

Just pay attention to keyframes. If you want the form to remain constant, you need to copy the same values to all the other keyframes of this layer.
Or, if you want to play with it some more, you can insert different zoom x and zoom y values in the remaining keyframes.

Postby debngar » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:52 pm

If Mona's solution doesn't fit your situation, you can try sizing a solid or gradient layer by specifying the pixel resolution right above the "OK" button in the add "solid color layer" window.

So, if you wished to have a square, for example, change it from 1280x720 to 720x720 - etc.

If you want to change the zoom size after it's inserted, then follow Mona's steps to unlock the x and y in the zoom settings where necessary throughout the slide and change the zoom + or - with numbers typed in there.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby im42n8 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:15 pm

A layer is ALWAYS scaled (image, graphic, video, solid or gradient) when it's within ProShow ... it's how ProShow knows a layer's zoom and pan settings (the scaling operation is simply a normalization process against some known value). Read the the article in the following link:

https://fpvp.wordpress.com/proshow-disc ... ge-import/

Now ... once it's in ProShow, you can (like Mona noted), unlock the Zoom-X and Zoom-Y axes to change the zoom of that axis (and therefore, the layer's effective aspect). Eyeballing the result often works just fine to get the size for the layer that you're seeking. But, if you want to get exact ... you might peruse these equations (which define the relationships between pan, zoom, and rotate center and also provide you with a means to determine a layers width and height): https://fpvp.wordpress.com/layer-equations/

If you don't want to do the math yourself, and you have MS Excel. the following Excel worksheet might work for you: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=23117

Good luck.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Return to PSP - General Discussion