Text Layer vs Captions in PS6

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Re: Text Layer vs Captions in PS6

Postby heckydog » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:15 am

I haven't upgraded to 6.0 yet so I haven't had to deal with the caption layer vs text layer "dilemma". But this discussion has made me curious.

How is a text layer different than a regular photo layer in regards to how much extra resources the computer must use to handle it? Sounds like it's quite a burden if you have to decide which one to use in order to save resources.

And why would they have bugs? Wouldn't it be easier to just use the "make a png file in photoshop" trick?

Joe

Esteemed Member

Postby JBD » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:45 am

That's the problem Dale --- I don't always know what I am doing.

Are you saying that you put together a show and it's great or acceptable the first time. Man----You are good :D !

Postby im42n8 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:10 am

We've used the PNG route for years. It's not flexible. Text layers are. It's nice to have options. Each option has its pluses and minuses. Use what works best for you.

When you get used to the program and start using text layers, you'll start gaining an appreciation for what you can do with them.

The resources grabbed are related to "objects" not necessarily computationally related.

Sometimes you can put a show together that's good from the get go. Then, it's tweak time!

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby Bevie » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:38 am

Whoa - you learn something new everyday. I had to look up on Wikipedia what a GDI is, maybe that is why Producer 6 crashes on me sometimes. I will have to pay closer attention to what I've been doing when it crashes. Thanks for the tip : D
ProShow User since 2013 - ProShow Producer 6 - Novice

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGalleryPage

Mac 10.6.8
Proshow Producer 6 - Parallels 8 - Windows 7
Photoshop CS4

Previous

Return to PSP - General Discussion