One year without release

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Re: One year without release

Postby Astra » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:14 pm

Hi,
has ANYBODY heard ANYTHING about ANY UPDATES ??
...? ? ?... Alex/Astra

Postby im42n8 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:20 pm

Someday
Any time within the next year
Relatively Soon
In the not "too" distant future
Later

Keep up the hope ... they've NEVER been this late in getting an update released.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby Jeep » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:35 pm

It should be a great release !!!!
Jean-Pierre

My blog
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.33 Ghz - RAM: 4 Gb - Windows 8.1 64 bits - Video: Nvidia 720GT 2 Gb- Camera : Canon 5D Mark II + 24-105 + 100-400 - Sharing : jean_pierre

Postby Astra » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:10 pm

Dale,
your well-picked comments reminded me a flow of exchanges I've had once with a client:
... YOUR CHECK :
..............."just ready to do it ... will be in the mail tomorrow ... mailed it yesterday, you did not get it yet?? ... oh, I forgot to mail it .... next week ... call tomorrow to remind me - definitely will do it .... no problem - how much is it ??? .... I signed it three weeks ago !!! .... have to re-post it ..... writing it just now ....." ... & it took just short five months to get full amount out of them ....

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:04 am

Astra, what you experienced with your client is why a lot of people now ask for at least half the amount up front and then refuse to hand over the product until the rest is paid. Photographers are very likely to do this.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby Astra » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:33 pm

Barbara,
this "five-months-getting-your-money" adventure was even more interesting: it was a client I was working for past twelve years - in very mundane contract work of architectural plumbing drafting.
..... What could be more non-glamorous then sewage/ventilation piping, maybe some demolition of several hot/cold water pipes - to spice things up ??? .....
Nobody would pay - in this kind of work - anything upfront, it is usually 30, 45 or 60 days after submitting the drawings .... I'm still bugging them to get rest of the money.....

Question, which was most disturbing - was: WHY ???
Why this is/was happening ?

I think, this is why WE - the end users - are so edgy about this business of WHOLE year of non-upgrade of the software we have spent so much effort, money, time & projects .... and ...
.... when, we are still aware: THERE is NOT a BETTER THING then Producer - on the MARKET, yet !?!!!!

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:55 pm

My husband used to run a business supplying temp imaging techs to doctors and hospitals, and some of those hospitals were so bad at paying their debts that, with a couple of them and after fair warning, my husband had to call his techs, telling them to go home. He had to institute a policy for one of them where they paid for the service ahead of time. It didn't dawn on them that the techs had been paid months before and my husband was out all that money, or perhaps they just didn't care. To my mind, it all comes down to morals and ethics.

Patience. A new Producer will show up, but in the meantime, I much prefer the setup where a person gets free bug fixes whenever they show up, but pays for actual upgrades. It's been a long time since any of us lucked out by buying a new version and then another new version came out within the same year. Probably back when version 4 came out and then version 4.5 followed it.

Barbara

Postby Astra » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:11 pm

Barbara,
how right you are:
BarbaraC wrote:........ To my mind, it all comes down to morals and ethics......

... and thanks for having the same mind-set in business dealing - I'm tempted to write (Email) to them (my - & it looks like now - more & more - a "former" client) : "No pay, no work" ....

As for our software upgrade - let's hope it will be - as Jeep has expressed: SPECTACULAR !!!

Postby rogerdee » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:21 pm

BarbaraC wrote: I much prefer the setup where a person gets free bug fixes whenever they show up, but pays for actual upgrades. It's been a long time since any of us lucked out by buying a new version and then another new version came out within the same year. Probably back when version 4 came out and then version 4.5 followed it.
Barbara

Absolutely agree. This "free for one year" is just nonsense and utterly unfair. Perhaps great for their sales/marketing, but surely sucks for their users.

Postby heckydog » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:38 pm

Back when 6.0 came out I had nothing in the mill as far as shows go so I decided I would wait 3-4 months before doing the upgrade since I would have to pay anyway. I figured if 7.0 came out a year after 6.0 I would be well within the one year and I'd get 7.0 for free and have the use of 6.0 for 8-9 months. Seemed like the logical thing to do.

Well, 3-4 months turned into a year and I'm still on 5.0. :roll: and so far, I'm doing good. No regrets, no second thoughts.

When 7.0 comes out it better be a whiz-bang, blow my hair back, knock my socks off kind of upgrade or I'm going to wait 3-4 months before I upgrade and then . . .

we'll see

Joe

p.s. maybe they're waiting so long because the program is so good now they can't think of anything new to add to it

nah!

Postby rogerdee » Tue May 05, 2015 9:59 am

heckydog wrote: maybe they're waiting so long because the program is so good now they can't think of anything new to add to it

nah!

Perhaps there's another explanation. I got this very strange window last time I choose "Check for Upgrades".
Maybe they should rename it from "ProShow" to "NoShow" ??

Postby gpsmikey » Tue May 05, 2015 10:07 am

At least in the past, even with beta testing etc. when a new version came out, there were often a number of updates released in the first 3 or 4 months after the initial release as the users found ways of doing things that nobody ever thought of at Photodex (and causing crashes). I would assume the same will be true when a new version comes out again (hopefully).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby BarbaraC » Tue May 05, 2015 10:36 am

heckydog wrote:Well, 3-4 months turned into a year and I'm still on 5.0. :roll: and so far, I'm doing good. No regrets, no second thoughts.

The single thing in version 6 that made it entirely worth it was the ability to turn text into layers, which has allowed me to do things I never could have before without doing some very annoying and very lame workarounds, but if you don't do anything much with text other than the occasional caption, then there's no reason to upgrade. Not that I can think of anyway.

Barbara

Postby heckydog » Wed May 06, 2015 3:52 am

BarbaraC wrote:
heckydog wrote:Well, 3-4 months turned into a year and I'm still on 5.0. :roll: and so far, I'm doing good. No regrets, no second thoughts.

The single thing in version 6 that made it entirely worth it was the ability to turn text into layers, which has allowed me to do things I never could have before without doing some very annoying and very lame workarounds, but if you don't do anything much with text other than the occasional caption, then there's no reason to upgrade. Not that I can think of anyway.

Barbara

You know what, I decided it was dumb, at this point in time anyway, not to upgrade to 6.0. So I went ahead and did it a couple days ago, but only because I'm hopeful for some major upgrades in how 7.0 does things. 6.0 did not rock my boat and $89 is still a lot of money if all they can really brag about is text into layers.

Joe

P.S. It's been quite a while, but I just finished a major slide show (using 5.0) and I had to use that annoying and lame work around for one of my captions. :evil:

Postby BarbaraC » Wed May 06, 2015 4:33 am

heckydog wrote:You know what, I decided it was dumb, at this point in time anyway, not to upgrade to 6.0. So I went ahead and did it a couple days ago, but only because I'm hopeful for some major upgrades in how 7.0 does things. 6.0 did not rock my boat and $89 is still a lot of money if all they can really brag about is text into layers.

Joe

P.S. It's been quite a while, but I just finished a major slide show (using 5.0) and I had to use that annoying and lame work around for one of my captions. :evil:

Too bad you hadn't upgraded just prior to the major slide show. :D

Barbara

PreviousNext

Return to PSP - General Discussion