One year without release

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related
Esteemed Member

Re: One year without release

Postby joemav57 » Wed May 06, 2015 7:01 am

Haven't really had any issues with this current version of PSP 6.0. Maybe they decided they've done enough. Now that they have introduced and successfully launched Pro Show Web, maybe that is the route they're taking. I would hope companies keep trying to improve their products through upgrades or new innovations. Maybe they have reached the peak in their products. though, like many of you, I would like to see them enter the 64 bit age. Maybe they have decided to let the market be. I am satisfied right now. However, you never know. They may have figured to look for other ventures. But I gather they're still the leader in this technology.
PSP 7, Photoshop CS6, Nikon D3100.

Postby Jeep » Wed May 06, 2015 7:50 am

I do think that they work hard on the development of ProShow. If this is a long time without release, we can expect a major upgrade (ProShow 7 ??) with new good features. Let's cross the fingers :-)
Jean-Pierre

My blog
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.33 Ghz - RAM: 4 Gb - Windows 8.1 64 bits - Video: Nvidia 720GT 2 Gb- Camera : Canon 5D Mark II + 24-105 + 100-400 - Sharing : jean_pierre

Postby heckydog » Thu May 07, 2015 6:56 am

BarbaraC wrote:
heckydog wrote:You know what, I decided it was dumb, at this point in time anyway, not to upgrade to 6.0. So I went ahead and did it a couple days ago, but only because I'm hopeful for some major upgrades in how 7.0 does things. 6.0 did not rock my boat and $89 is still a lot of money if all they can really brag about is text into layers.

Joe

P.S. It's been quite a while, but I just finished a major slide show (using 5.0) and I had to use that annoying and lame work around for one of my captions. :evil:

Too bad you hadn't upgraded just prior to the major slide show. :D

Barbara

Just my luck. I wait a year to upgrade to 6.0 and do you think I could have waited 3 more days? No. not Joe! :| I just got an email offering a 15% discount on new + upgrades.

But, on the bright side, companies often offer discounts on their old software just prior to a new release. 8) (insert melodramatic music here)

Postby BarbaraC » Thu May 07, 2015 7:36 am

It's akin to my always saving coupons and then deciding to use them the day after they've expired. Is it just bad luck when it's consistent?

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby RobertBarnett » Tue May 12, 2015 1:02 am

I complained to Photodex about my pay for upgrades each year and they not releasing any upgrade for a year. Basically I paid $90 for nothing. The guy that responded to my complaint was very nice and said they were working on an upgrade and he added to my file a single free upgrade when they release a new version. So I am not out anything for paying the $90. They were very nice.

Personally I think the reason they haven't released any updates is because they are working on a totally new version from the ground up 64-bit, new interface, etc. I think 7 will be something to see.

Robert

Postby debngar » Tue May 12, 2015 6:04 am

RobertBarnett wrote:I complained to Photodex about my pay for upgrades each year and they not releasing any upgrade for a year. Basically I paid $90 for nothing.

Robert

Unless an upgrade is available that a user doesn't have, and wants, there's no requirement to pay for anything further for continued use of ProShow. The software version at that point can be used indefinitely at no further cost. It's not a subscription for use that runs out or stops working after a year. :roll:
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby Jeep » Tue May 12, 2015 7:30 am

You are right Debbie, we have to wait for a new release before investing in it .... if we think it has enough new features for the price.
Jean-Pierre

My blog
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.33 Ghz - RAM: 4 Gb - Windows 8.1 64 bits - Video: Nvidia 720GT 2 Gb- Camera : Canon 5D Mark II + 24-105 + 100-400 - Sharing : jean_pierre

Postby heckydog » Tue May 12, 2015 7:58 am

I dilly-dallied on the upgrade from 5.0 to 6.0. My intention was partly to outsmart them by waiting an amount of time that hopefully would assure me that I'd get the next major upgrade after 6.0 for free. Surely, I can't be the only person who thought of that so I don't think Phototdex has anything to gain by delaying the release of the next major upgrade.

Personally I think the reason they haven't released any updates is because they are working on a totally new version from the ground up 64-bit, new interface, etc. I think 7 will be something to see.

I've said it before, I'm hoping there is more to this next upgrade than just a 64 bit version. That's not a game changer for me.

Joe

Previous

Return to PSP - General Discussion