Trouble with YouTube

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related
Honorary ProShow PHD

Trouble with YouTube

Postby Penny47 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:23 pm

I have just posted a video on YouTube to send to my family in South Africa. The whole thing is a disaster as all the photos and the printing are blurred and out of focus. Any idea as to why this should happen?

Penny

Re: Trouble with YouTube

Postby im42n8 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:34 pm

Need more info. So, what settings are you using?

Dale
Last edited by im42n8 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby cherub » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:04 pm

Penny47 wrote:I have just posted a video on YouTube to send to my family in South Africa. The whole thing is a disaster as all the photos and the printing are blurred and out of focus. Any idea as to why this should happen?

Penny

Penny
It usually takes awhile for a video clip on YouTube to be processed. So it is normal to see it blurred at first, immediately after the upload.
If after awhile you still see it blurred, then your settings in Producer were too low.
Pay attention that for QUALITY there is a drop down menu, with various possibilities. The default is "Standard" and this setting is indeed too low.
Choose either High Definition 720p (Normal) or High Definition 1080p (Normal).

Dear Dale,
im42n8 wrote:Need more info.
Is the GPU acceleration on (Edit | Preferences > Playback)? If not, what's your Software Fallback Resolution and the Target Size under the Rendering section reporting?
If GPU accel is ON, you shouldn't be seeing the problem at all. If it's OFF, the value of the software fallback resolution will be a determining factor in how soft your video will appear.
So, depending on these factors and how large your video export is (in pixels), you may have a sharp video or a really soft (and definitely NOT sharp) video.
So, what settings are you using?Dale

GPU acceleration has NOTHING to do with video rendering. NOTHING !!!!!!!!
The graphic card is not involved in the process of video rendering, surprising as this may sound to you.
Do you want me to point you to the other thread where we explained this?

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Penny47 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:00 pm

Thanks for the help: I did what you suggested Mona and it has sorted the problem nicely thanks. It was just the settings on You
Tube.

Penny

Postby im42n8 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:42 pm

Mona,

I shouldn't be doing these posts when I'm tired.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Penny47 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:56 pm

Thanks Dale, I am not always very good at telling people what problem I have and exactly what the problem is But thanks for your input as well.

Cheers Penny

Postby im42n8 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:01 pm

Penny,

Glad it worked out for you... I forgot completely about YouTube taking its time to process the video so that it looks good. It can take quite some time for the larger videos ... and that can be disconcerting until you get used to it. Once you do get used to it, you just stash that info away and don't give it much thought after that. Dumb eh? :) Ah well. I've have GOTS to get to bed.

Happy Holidays to you!

Dale

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Penny47 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:51 pm

Thanks again Dale and Happy Holidays to you as well.

Return to PSP - General Discussion