Presenter

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related
Honorary ProShow PHD

Presenter

Postby Penny47 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:29 pm

HI all, I am having problems trying to view shows it tells me I have to give permission to presenter before I can view it. When I went to check the download of a new presenter (not sure if there is one) it says its not compatible with 64 bit PC which is what I have. I am not sue if I have made any sense with this but unfortunately I must admit that I do not really understand it myself. Hope someone can help. One other question while I am here if you post a show on YouTube does it mean you can share it with others that do not use Proshow ? Or does one have to ask the maker of the show before it can be done.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Penny

Re: Presenter

Postby cherub » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:43 am

There is no "new" Presenter right now, so the message that you are getting is most probably from your browser.
If you are using Internet Explorer, then, yes, you should allow Presenter to run on your computer.
If you are using Firefox, then, yes, you should allow the plug-in Presenter to run on your computer.

Shows that you upload to YouTube are video files. They can be viewed by anybody, even by those with mobile devices.
All you need to do is to give them the link on YouTube.

Postby stearman65 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:20 am

There is a copyright issue in the original question,
" One other question while I am here if you post a show on YouTube does it mean you can share it with others that do not use Proshow ? Or does one have to ask the maker of the show before it can be done."
When uploading work to Youtube the uploader can specify who can view the work, public being universal permission, with a couple of other options, including named individuals. If it is intended to use the downloaded work for other than for personal use, it is good manners to ask the original uploader for permission, which when given would absolve the downloader from future possible litigation. This differs from country, reading Youtubes conditions is a good idea.
Stearman65. :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/yt/policyandsafety/en-GB/
https://www.youtube.com/yt/copyright/en-GB/

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Penny47 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:39 am

Thanks for the info. I am using Chrome at the moment. I will ltry my husbands PC as he has Firefox on his PC. Unfortunately I will have to work this out on my own as my son who usually works on my PC does not know anything about PSP or PSG, I am sure I will get it right somehow. It can't be harder than reformatting my PC which I did most of a few months back. :-)

Thanks again.

Penny

Return to PSP - General Discussion