Hello! New to ProShow and have a question

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Hello! New to ProShow and have a question

Postby Deecey » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:18 am

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here. I purchased ProShow Producer a couple of weeks ago so I am fairly new to it, and please excuse me if this question has been asked before.

I have a four-minute video of Christmas from 1962. I want to bring it into ProShow as one contiguous event, and then apply a template to it. A very suitable template is the projector movie template from the Vintage effects pack.)

But ... I want to add either text or captions that identify the people in the movie, and I can't quite figure out how to do this.

At first I thought I could load the video clip as a background and then just add various text layers that come in and out as needed in the video. However, it looks like you can only add IMAGES as backgrounds, and not movies.

I might be missing something. Can someone give me some pointers on the best way to tackle this?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Hello! New to ProShow and have a question

Postby im42n8 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:59 pm

Yes, the slide or show background feature of ProShow ONLY accepts images.

However, the LAST layer in the layer stack (as in, of all the layers placed on a slide; see "Layers" while in the slide options) can also function as a background. A video layer can be used slide background, therefore, The length of that layer can be the entire length of the time assigned to the slide (slide time). During this time, you can add as many layers above that layer as you want, including captions or text layers, graphics or solid/gradient layers or image layers. Just add the layer at a time and location of your choosing. Make that layer last as long as you need it to, within the time allotted to the slide.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby debngar » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:30 pm

Hello Deecey,

Welcome to the forum! :D

If you're actually using Producer as stated in the first post, then yes, the layers can be set to appear and disappear as needed within one slide time.

Since this was posted to the Gold section, it may confuse some people who happen to overlook that important item when reading this thread. So to be clear, Gold users will not be able to do that but are limited to having all layers in a slide to start and end at the same time in a slide.

There is a separate section for discussions about Producer because the products are somewhat different. Gold has limited features than Producer.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby im42n8 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:36 pm

Yeah, as Debbie said, this is the Gold section and the problem described is for Producer ... the moderator will probably move this post into the right section in time ... but until then ...

GOLD USERS ... just ignore this post!

The methods described herein to address the issue would be quite a task to do in Gold since you'd have to trim the video for use in each instance of captioning and because there's no in-slide transitioning capability nor an opacity feature. What would be easy to do in Producer would be quite a task to achieve in Gold (but it CAN be done with judicious efforts ...).

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby Deecey » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:12 pm

Oops, my apologies for posting to the wrong section initially!

And thank you everyone, that did the trick! Worked like a charm!

Return to PSP - General Discussion