Up Dates For Producer

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Up Dates For Producer

Postby Deadman » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:49 pm

Well here we are into and almost out of October and not an upgrade in site.. Are they saving it so when we pay for another year we will get 1 upgrade like this year, or are they going to give us a great update before the end of the year. They spent a lot of time and effort on the online version.. Hope they don't forget us.. :mrgreen:

Re: Up Dates For Producer

Postby im42n8 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:11 pm

There's a bit of frustration from many people on this subject. There was a public release in the middle of November last year. These folks got at least 1 update (albeit am extremely minor one) with the release on 3/4/13 of v3310.

It's entirely possible that we won't see a public release until Q1 2014. I wouldn't be holding my breath for a release of any sort any time soon for either Gold or Producer. But, Photodex doesn't give any early warnings on potential releases either.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby Jeep » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:31 am

Some times ago, the main reproach done to Photodex was their numerous updates in a short time (It happened to have 3 or 4 updates in a week).
Then the software became more steady and updates were concerning mainly new features. If some minor bugs remain we can say that version 5 is a "good vintage". If the next update lasts long, perhaps it means that a major feature is on the way. Converting a program from 32 bit to 64 bit for example, needs more and more tests and this could be one of the reason of this long waiting.
The new features of PTE 8, the main concurrent, may also require some attention from the Proshow team, so let's be patient !
Jean-Pierre
Jean-Pierre

My blog
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.33 Ghz - RAM: 4 Gb - Windows 8.1 64 bits - Video: Nvidia 720GT 2 Gb- Camera : Canon 5D Mark II + 24-105 + 100-400 - Sharing : jean_pierre

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:32 am

Jeep wrote:Converting a program from 32 bit to 64 bit...

That's my best guess, that they're working on a 64-bit version, given not only that this is the way the world is going, but also that it's a better platform for ProShow. (Fingers crossed.)

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Esteemed Member

Postby Dieter » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:24 am

Hello,

(Fingers crossed.)

more-more and more and more ..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best regards Dieter

Postby Deadman » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:36 pm

Well now December and still no sign of a new version or an update.. Looking for that 64 bit.. Wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that the copyright ended this year.. says 1994-2014 and here we are.. 3 weeks away from no copyright unless they get a new one.. We shall see. Hope they aren't looking for upgrade money's without an update.. :(

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:17 pm

I have not even heard any rumors, so who knows just what is going on. Hopefully, they are working on something !!

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby im42n8 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:29 pm

Many would have expected something by now ... but, I doubt it's going to happen until sometime in Feb 2015 or later (a year after the last release). So, they apparently think the last release is working well enough (text layers have major problems but ... they work after a fashion... the problem wasn't severe enough or sufficiently intractable a problem that they decided not to deal with it until the next release).

So, it's anyone's guess when anything will be released by Photodex. Don't hold your breath. Don't hold out hope for a 64-bit version or true 3-D or anything.

As for that copyright thing ... not even an issue. When 2015 rolls around their copyright will be appropriately updated to include the current year of 2015...when they release a new version of the software. However, given the amount of time that's passed by ... and what happened with the last release, I'm thinking we're going to be looking at v7 (not 6.1 or 6.5 or 6.8...) at the very least. And we get whatever new features they included and any bug fixes they may have included (which we can hope is a considerable number of them). We can all speculate (and have done so) ... and like all previous speculations, we'll probably be wrong ... but, speculation is fun! :D

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby cherub » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:35 am

im42n8 wrote:Many would have expected something by now ... but, I doubt it's going to happen until sometime in Feb 2015 or later (a year after the last release). So, they apparently think the last release is working well enough (text layers have major problems but ... they work after a fashion... the problem wasn't severe enough or sufficiently intractable a problem that they decided not to deal with it until the next release).
Dale

Quite right. I am surprised that they haven't released at least a version for bug fixes by now.
The list of the things that can't be done in Producer 6 because of bugs, is getting longer and longer.
To be quite frank, I'm starting to forget the bugs I myself have reported, let alone what others have reported. :cry:

Return to PSP - General Discussion