Video snap shots

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Video snap shots

Postby Reelnut » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:50 pm

One of the selling points for me for producer 5 was in the demo where it shows the couple holding hands and then a from the video is a framed snapshot of the two of them looking at each other. ("video clips can be added to create photo + video fusion 1.37/5.49).

Can anyone tell me how this was done?

Thank you.

Re: Video snap shots

Postby im42n8 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:33 pm

They have a video on top of which was placed photos. I strongly doubt they got the single photos directly from the video. You COULD, however, get a frame shot from the video by positioning (drag the scrub icon) the slider on the time line above the slide to the video location desired and then grabbing the frame (right click on the preview window and use the Capture Frame option at the bottom of the selection). You would save the captured frame(s) and then use it as a imported image. But, I think they had the photo in addition to the video (not captured from the video). The quality in that case is probably going to be better than with the frame capture.

In any case, there's nothing special about what they did. It's simply a photo placed on top of a video layer. Producer has had this capability for quite some time now. The flash you see is simply the playing around with white and/or black balance, brightness, contrast, etc. The effect can be done a variety of ways. You just have to play around with it to see what works for you. One way would be to use an adjustment layer to create the flash. But you could also couple that with a white layer that quickly fades and blurs away. You can study some of the ProShow styles to see how they accomplish the effect ... they have several that do that.. The video is just colored to a sepia to provide contrast to the added images. You will need to use keyframes to accomplish any of this correctly.

I know this is kind of generic as far as instructions go but, it gives you the appropriate framework upon which to build your effect. It isn't real difficult to create this effect. It's just going to take a little time and a little work. But, it's all pretty straight forward.

Have fun! :D

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Re: Video snap shots

Postby Reelnut » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:43 pm

Thanks for the responce, looks like Im going to need a rainy sat or sunday and get my fingers dirty in this. Thanks for the tips......Greatly appreciated!!!

Return to PSP - General Discussion