Can't find my folders or pictures

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Re: Can't find my folders or pictures

Postby Anna J » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:22 pm

I knew you excellent and expert women would come to Shirley's rescue. I'm sort of brain dead after working all day but Aida I'm going to print out what you wrote. Never knew that about right clicking Producer to get to cfg & phd files.
Shirley, please let us know how it works out.
Anna

Postby min » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:43 pm

Have just come on line to the forum - early am in W.Australia I am overwhelmed at the wonderful help you have all been busy doing for me during the night :) - I am going to tackle this task this afternoon as I have an urgent appointment this morning. Just wanted to say THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT :D

Postby min » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:30 pm

IT IS WORKING :lol: THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT - This afternoon I sat down and I will admit feeling very nervous and from the beginning I re-went through all of your helpful comments one by one - when I tried (which I hadn't seen until early this morning before I had to go out I tried what Tdew recommended - "Go to Edit & Preferences, and then appearance, on the right there is a check list that you can either check or uncheck. Try checking something like "Bold Folder names" and see if that makes a difference" - YIPEE :D IT DID and I now have my folders listed in the Folders List and images selected to make a show. THANK YOU ALL SOOOOO MUCH for the time and trouble you have takenin trying to simplify things for me - I will go through all of you comments and suggestions I'm sure I can learn a lot from them. I must admit, I am really really glad I didn't have to find and delete some of those files or have to reinstal the whole programme. I will keep all of your helpful suggestion, just in case......I need them in the future. Big thanks Tdew :D Shirley

Postby trulytango » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:33 pm

Brilliant! So glad you got it sorted... the bold folder names thing is a new one for me! :D
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Postby cherub » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:17 am

trulytango wrote:Brilliant! So glad you got it sorted... the bold folder names thing is a new one for me! :D

Ditto :D
I'm glad that you found your solution!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:29 am

The world can be a small and very helpful at times.
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:36 am

I love how, in the process of helping someone new to all this, the "old" users learn something too.

It's an absolute pleasure to see your pleasure. :D

There WILL come a day when you have to delete those files, so why not go through the process right up to the point of the deletions without actually doing it? In this way, you'll see just how safe it is, and when the time comes, you'll have no trouble at all.

I used to keep the names of those two files in a notebook because I couldn't remember them, and I'd refer to the notebook when ProShow got itself all messed up. I've deleted them enough times now that I know the names by heart. :D

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby min » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:33 am

Once again I am going to go through everyone's wonderful contribution to help me and obviously keep a record. Barbara as you said maybe one day I will need to know how to delete these files - I intend to go through the process of looking up everyones suggestions, but not at the moment changing anything as it is working (Too scared to make any dramatic changes, but its good to know how to do these things and have it in my file) - haven't a clue what I must have done wrong...but at least now I can get on with the show I want to make. I am overwhelmed with the wonderful response I have had from the members of the forum. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH EVERYONE. :D sHIRLEY

Postby min » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:37 am

PS forgot to say - I am going to bed now and hopefully tonight I will sleep instead of laying awake for hours like the past few nights worrying what I could do to solve the problem!! Thank you everyone Shirley

Postby tdew » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:52 am

Oh, I'm so glad that it worked. It seemed like maybe a too simple solution.
Sleep tight and then get to work on that slideshow in the morning.

mona

Postby mona » Fri May 08, 2015 9:22 am

The same thing happened to me this morning and I was just using PSP last night with no issues. I did a search and found this forum and deleted the two files as directed and opened up PSP again and now they are back !! Thank You So Much ENTHUSIASTS ... I am new to PSP ... I had Gold but jus did basic shows ... I wanted to start doing shows with animated and 3d bacs so I searched the net for best ones... I was stuck between 3D album commercial and Upgrading PS ... I liked 3d album because of the graphics and the dimensions but I didn't like how the shows looked sort of cheesy and comp animated (not real)... Then I saw videos on utube of Producer 6 and liked the motion-zoom and how others made real photos 2d and animated but I didn't know that I would have to learn to do it myself as opposed to just filling a template so I got more work then I wanted but once I learn it, I know it will be worth it . During my net searches I have uncovered a vast community of Pro users and a sharing market and I am Greatful for you all that take the time to help ... Does anyone know where I can get pre-made templates in 3d not in zip format ... I cant open them ... I am happy also to pay for them as well ... Until I can Learn this system, I need to jus fill templates !! Thank You

Postby BarbaraC » Fri May 08, 2015 9:51 am

Mona, wander down through the ProShow Marketplace section here on the forum. You'll find all kinds of slide style sets and templates by a number of us who own stores on the web.

Nevertheless, even when using add-ons, you still have to know how and where to use them in spite of the fact that vendors do their best to make their products as easy to use as possible. I suggest you spend some time just playing with Producer, familiarizing yourself with where things are and what those things do. Yes, there's an uphill climb, but we all started at the bottom and made our way up. You will too.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby cherub » Fri May 08, 2015 3:02 pm

A new Mona ?

:D :D :D :D

mona

Postby mona » Fri May 08, 2015 6:30 pm

Thank You For Your Encouragement *Mona* It Is Hard Learning This .. Right Now Im Trying To Use The Masking And Gradients To Make Motion In Photo's *SMH* I Still Cant Get It But Im Improving .... I Think ....

Previous

Return to PSP - General Discussion