How to create a folder with several effects

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

How to create a folder with several effects

Postby mardelga » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:14 am

I am new to ProShow Producer with very little experience.
I appreciate any help to the following problem.
How to create a folder with several effects that have (about 1200) and when you want to use the whole set up is automatically placed in the photos chosen by me.
A thank you for possible assistance

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: How to create a folder with several effects

Postby pilotdan63 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:16 am

If I understand your question . . . you want to have a folder for your project that contains all your pictures, audio and special effects and then have everything load automatically in to your ProShow project time-line.

I create an empty folder for each one of my projects, naming the folder with the same name that I am using for my slide show. I number all my pictures "consecutively" within this folder so my computer is able to sort and maintain this order. Then, when I am ready to move my pictures, I select this project folder inside the ProShow project window so they are visible and highlight the picture(s) I want to add to my show by dragging them down to the project time line. I usually have to rearrange a few pictures when I begin working on the show when I find a better position for some of them and re-number accordingly.

This work-flow method will save you a possible "missing file" association problem because everything you are using for your project is in one file folder on your computer and Proshow will always know where everything is located :wink:

Good luck

Dan

Postby oliveoil » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:40 am

Hi There,

I am not sure but I think this person might be referring to a Template. I have read the post twice and that is what I thought he meant. But I am not experience enough to answer the question.

Oliveoil

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pilotdan63 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:35 pm

Oliveoil . . . yes you may be exactly correct. Hopefully someone else will be able to offer some expert guidance on templates that answers the question posed :-)

Dan

Postby mardelga » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:07 pm

I appreciate the help they gave me despite my not being well-placed question.
What I do is a choice of several templates for a project that I have and always wanting to do a project like that makes the placement of the templates automatically chosen for this project.
thanks for the help

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:26 am

I'm not sure if this will work, but it's worth a try: Set up a project that contains the templates you want. When you decide to create a new show, open the project containing the templates and use Save As with a different name, and do all your work in that new project. The next time you want to do this, again open the original project and save it under a different name. In this way, you'll always have the original project containing the unedited templates.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to PSP - General Discussion