Background sounds

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Background sounds

Postby rumphy » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:38 am

I have been using Producer 3 for over a year now and have recently upgraded to Producer 4.1. I'm making a show for my son's wedding next month and am developing the show with style slides with associated clips of music for each series of pictures in the slides. I've notice some background noise associated with prior music clips playing when the slide plays even though the music clip associated with the slide is much louder. The slide is synced with the music so both end together.

Does anyone know what is occurring. I do not use the Music tab to get the song clip. Rather I go to Layers, Sound, Add Sound and Edit and sync the duration of the clip with the slide. I also would like to adjust the volume of all clips to be at the same level but am not sure how to go about this.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

"If you always do what you've always done, you will always get what youv'e always gotten..Walter Hailey

Re: Background sounds

Postby im42n8 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:55 pm

Beats me what's going on . . . unless there IS overlap of the tunes. I just double click on the music track and add music from there. Each sound track is then bumped up against the end of the last.

Unless you have sound attached to a slide (Slide OPtions | Sounds, Select Sound), I don't see how you can sync the duration of a sound clip (attached to the soundtrack) to a slide.

However, you can Synch the Slides to the audio length (I know it says "Slide" but it should say "Slides" since it affects the timing of each slide and all transitions to match the total audio length). I never use this either (personal preference) since I want to match the slides to the music on my terms (and avoid having images tacked onto a music track). This way I can add blank slides (for fades) and adjust the transition times according to the music and/or the slide times. This latter is important to me as some of my slides have multiple images that requires more viewing time that slides with a single image (the synch feature doesn't really care, I don't think). Anyway, I've got more control that way. I can even adjust the music tracks left or right on the soundtrack timeline as I see fit. If there's any overlap, I want to control that.

You might have overlap as I done understand how you can hear the previous sound clip in the current sound clip unless there is some kind of overlap. I don't think there's a global control to make the volume the same for each clip. There is an overall control for controlling the overall volume but it doesn't normalize the volume of all clips to be relatively the same. You'll have to figure out that part (sound normalization) yourself I believe. Should not be to hard since you shouldn't have that many clips to compare. Just adjust the sound clip volume as you see fit until the volume of each is what you'd consider about the same.

Good luck!

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Return to PSP - General Discussion