Do you use the safe zone???

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Do you use the safe zone???

Postby acmumcee » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:37 am

Hello everyone!

It's my 1st time to use producer and I know this is one petty question. I am planning to make an AVP as a gift to my daughter's teachers and classmates as they bid goodbye to Nursery.

I just wonder what everyone does. What do you use in background scaling? Is it really necessary to work just within the safe zone? and if I will make my own background, what should be the size of the background to use to fit/fill the safe zone?

Thanks so much. This will really help me in starting this thing right.

AC

Re: Do you use the safe zone???

Postby Barkingmad » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:21 am

Hi there,
I work within the 'safe' zone.
I stand to correction but I think that Producers backgrounds are made 1024 x 576 [thats what I have been making mine :) ]
Shaz BMad
"Confusion is a word we have invented for an order which is not yet understood." Henry Mille

Postby bellzerr » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:30 am

I try to fill the screen but keep to the safe zone for text and vital portions of the photos.
Mark

Postby tomdavis » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:32 am

Bring the picture in OR bring in the background to your slide show. So many adjustments you can make with each slide or background. Keep in mind that you can highlight "play" and see what that slide is doing. If you do not like the looks of it then with clicking on "slide" or "motion" you can adjust and do what you want with the slide to your satisfaction.

Takes some time fiddling with any program but you can not hurt anything. Just experiment and have fun and discover what each button your push will do.

Tom

Postby HunnyB » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:29 am

I always work within the safe zone. For my backgrounds I fill the entire page. I have noticed, especially in a 16:9 format that my words will cut off if I am out of the safe zone.
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Postby im42n8 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:52 am

If my show is ever going to end up on a DVD that's going to be played on older TVs, I work within the safe zone. Many of the newer TVs don't have it nor do most monitors (which is great!). If I'm working only for those displays I'm not as constrained.

However, there are still quite a few folk out there with the older TVs who might have some of the images cut off or captions hidden in your show if you utilize the safe zone as displayable. The end result might not be as acceptable as you'd like. Fact of life for many! So, most of the time, I try to design with that safe zone in mind (although not all safe zones are the same, the default of 10 and 5 seem to work well enough for the display devices I've had to deal with).

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:24 pm

Judging by what I've seen and the test reports I've read, even the new flat panel TVs will frequently have some overscan although it's rare for it to be very much. I use the defaults if the show is going to be viewed on a Tube TV or I have no way to know how it will be used. If it's for my TV or a newer one I'll reduce it to a couple percent or so.
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Return to PSP - General Discussion