Illegal Copy?

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Illegal Copy?

Postby Eddie2001 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:26 pm

Hi All,

Earlier tonight after updating an older slide show I went to make an exe file and it completed in about 1 or 2 seconds (much faster than normal) and then when I went to play it back all I got was a large red rectangle saying it was an illegal copy! However in the upper left it shows the program registered to me.

Then I tried checking for updates and it said cannot reach the servers.

I see this has happened before account the servers were down for a while but then they were moved somewhere else and put back on line. But I assume they are now down again?? Anyone else have this problem - is this something new? Are we once again hosed by Photodex?

I really don't want to have to start hacking on the program like others did before, but if I have to I will. PTE doesn't work for me...I've tried it and was not impressed.

Thoughts??

Thanks!

Eddie

Re: Illegal Copy?

Postby Eddie2001 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:18 am

Update...apparently the servers are still off line (gone for good??) but I did get PSP working again by doing what others have done - replacing the 3 *.dnt files. I wasn't sure if they would work with my PSP v8 but they did, and now it thinks it is v9.

The only problem is that when making an exe show the 3 second ProShow Intro cannot be turned off. In the "Shows" option page the box is checked to include the intro, and it cannot be unchecked. I don't care for that intro, but it is a minor problem.

Also, when opening a show it says that it is an older version and it takes quite a while to load. Again, not a big issue...at least I can again make my exe slide shows!

Eddie

Return to PSP - General Discussion