Question for all that are not going to upgrade to Director

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Question for all that are not going to upgrade to Director

Postby Video1 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:32 pm

Should we all be approaching the programmers of Director and Creator since they are the programmers of Proshow Producer and ask them to come out with a program patch for Proshow Producer so that it will activate without an internet connection if they ever take down the server or what ever is needed to currently activate it. Just saying it will be in place for now is not good enough for a program we paid for in full that does not expire and have a valid S/N. Just think about it if sometime in the future when you get a new computer or have to re-install Producer on your computer and it will not activate! What are you going to do? That is the least they can do for us who have been supporting them for over a decade of updating.

Valued Member

Re: Question for all that are not going to upgrade to Direct

Postby Dewcal » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:13 pm

While the programmers of Director & Creator would probably have the technical knowledge to produce an "everlasting patch" I think it would be legally dubious to interfere with another companies programme.
Also, if PSP 7/8/9 last forever, what incentive would people have to buy D or C?

Re: Question for all that are not going to upgrade to Direct

Postby folkroots » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:32 am

I don't know if this will work but i just did a clean install of windows 10 and installed my version of Producer and all my slide stlyle packs that i bought over the years. Now I am going to do do a system image backup. If the program malfunctions or breaks for any reason just restore the system image. I know this will not help on a new computer and it far from a perfect solution but at least its something to try.

Have a nice day!

Keith

Return to PSP - General Discussion