can i send photo to proshow producer 6?

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related
Valued Member

can i send photo to proshow producer 6?

Postby drugo » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:30 am

Hi
i use photo supreme to manage my photos
it's a dam software , i can organize them very well

is there a way to send to proshow producer?
i know there is a browser but would be really very usefull if i could send via photo supreme ,it supports command lines too

as i know there is only a lightroom plugin

thanks
Proshow Producer v6.0.3410 windows 8.1 64 and windows 7 sp1 64

Re: can i send photo to proshow producer 6?

Postby im42n8 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:07 am

Apparently Photo Supreme is a photo management program. If your images are JPG or TIFF, ProShow can use them directly (no required conversion). If your images are RAW (some form of Native Format such as PEF, DNG, CRW, CR2 or NEF), you will need to export a JPG version of the image before ProShow can use it.

Hope that answers your question (and I hope I understood the question). :D

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:54 pm

Actually, I think the question was how to "send" a photo from Supreme (a DAM - catalog type program) to Producer without having to play around with paths to the image where it is stored (or having to browse down to where it is stored). I am not aware of a way to do it although sometimes drag and drop works between utilities. I have not played with Photo Supreme myself. If it supports copying the selected image to a location, you could create a "transfer folder" that is in the folder you are working from with Producer and use that as an intermediate. Just another consideration. I do need to get my DAM act together - I have Lightroom although I have not had a chance to really work with the catalog (not happy with the way they do it). I also have Imatch but have not really had a chance to experiment with it either except with a limited set of images - now I'm to the point where I have so many, I can't find what I want. When I retire ... oh wait, I did retire ... what happened to all that free time I thought I'd have ???

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Valued Member

Postby drugo » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:54 pm

gpsmikey wrote:Actually, I think the question was how to "send" a photo from Supreme (a DAM - catalog type program) to Producer without having to play around with paths to the image where it is stored (or having to browse down to where it is stored). I am not aware of a way to do it although sometimes drag and drop works between utilities. I have not played with Photo Supreme myself. If it supports copying the selected image to a location, you could create a "transfer folder" that is in the folder you are working from with Producer and use that as an intermediate. Just another consideration. I do need to get my DAM act together - I have Lightroom although I have not had a chance to really work with the catalog (not happy with the way they do it). I also have Imatch but have not really had a chance to experiment with it either except with a limited set of images - now I'm to the point where I have so many, I can't find what I want. When I retire ... oh wait, I did retire ... what happened to all that free time I thought I'd have ???

mikey

hi
Mikey , you did the point!
i guess the transfter folder it 's the best way
i can drag and drop , doesn't work
so with imatch works??

ps can i ask you ? do you use vegas to make the slideshow better or work with the slideshow created by prodocer?
Proshow Producer v6.0.3410 windows 8.1 64 and windows 7 sp1 64

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:37 pm

I need to experiment more with Imatch (they just released a new version that I have not played with yet). As far as Vegas goes, generally how I have used it is to put segments of shows together (my kids soccer teams for example). I would create a segment for each game of my best shots then use Vegas to put those together and add overlay text, lower thirds etc. to them as well as insert video segments if I had any. Then I would use DVD Architect to burn the DVD and add a folder with all the kids pictures which I would give to all the parents. Now days, it is much easier with Proshow to add extra content to the DVD - in the past, I had to jump through a number of hoops to accomplish that. Vegas doesn't so much make the show "better" as it is another tool that allows me to do some things that Producer can't do easily.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSP - General Discussion