Is it possible to have Manual Controls in PSG?

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
flukeprint

Is it possible to have Manual Controls in PSG?

Postby flukeprint » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:27 pm

Hi folks. I'd really like to use PSG for giving talks using the presentations I create on a pc and would like to be able to manually move between the slides in the show. I'd rather not purchase producer to get this feature as at the moment I don't want all the other features that producer offers. Is it possible to build a manual control to move between slides in PSG? Thanks.

Site Admin

Re: Is it possible to have Manual Controls in PSG?

Postby MG - Admin » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:09 pm

I haven't tried it, but I think the only way to manually move the show along is to pause at each slide by pressing the spacebar, and then press it again to let play continue until you want to stop it again. You can also right-click on the show to move forward or backward a slide at a time. It's a stop and go sort of thing, which may or may not fit what you want to do.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:32 pm

You just may be in luck, if you update to version 4. From this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9851
New On-Screen Controls for Playback

New control bar for Web shows, EXEs, and PC Autorun shows. Semi-transparent controls appear when a show is moused over. See to any point in your show using the seek controls.

Haven't tried it yet but if that works the way this implies, then you should have what you need (I hope).

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

flukeprint

Postby flukeprint » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:08 pm

Thanks for the replies. I have downloaded PSG version 4 and the controls offered are still basic but better than before. I think for the sort of show I have in mind, no transitions would be good otherwise you can stop the show in mid transition which then looks odd.

JFleming

Postby JFleming » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:34 am

I had the same problem with slide shows that I was putting together but I found a solution that works! Just put a long transistion time between slides and create your show/presentation. When you launch the show/presentation, just use the Page Up and/or Page Down keys, on your computer, to cycle through your slides! Works like a charm.

John

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks