HD DVD

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
bianson

HD DVD

Postby bianson » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:20 pm

The latest version of PSG allows me to create HD output and then PSG tech support has suggested I burn that file to DVD for playing on a widescreen TV. I have created one file that will play on a Sony Playstion and it looks frankly...outstanding!! My problem is that I need several copies of my show burned and not all recipients will have either a Playstation or Blu Ray player to fully realize the HD qualities of the show. My other issue is that the show when created in 1080p is over 12 GB is size. Is there anyway to take this gigantic mpeg file and get the file size down so that #1 I can play it on a regular DVD and #2 the recipient if they have one of those upconverting dvd player, will see some added resolution?

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: HD DVD

Postby DickK » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:04 pm

The size issue will go away if you render as a standard def video which you'll have to do if anyone with a regular DVD player is going to be able to use it. Only a Blu-Ray player will recognize that format.
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks