PSG as a Stop Action Editor - Update

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
hootowls

PSG as a Stop Action Editor - Update

Postby hootowls » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:13 am

My daughter and friend had to do a group project for their Economy class. The teacher wanted something creative and unusual, not just the normal written report. They decided to do a stop action video and came to dad for technical support. My video editor has started crashing about every 15 minutes lately and is a pain to use. I thought about PSG and the recent topic here about time-lapse. This was my test project before I set them loose on their own.

I used my old Canon A70 on a tripod (that would not stay tight) and photographed the fierce battle between the noble knight, Hootowls, and the ill-tempered red-headed dragon, Flames, on the Field de Dining Room Table. The battle did not go well for our hero...

It worked well and was fun. PSG worked well as an editor and sliding the pointer back and forth allowed me to see movement and correct slide placement. I dumped all images into PSG and then deleted the out of focus and duplicates. I used zero (0) transition time and .18 image time, adjusting one or two longer. My only suggestions are to have a good tripod and take each image twice in case of movement or focus issues.

This is a fun activity for kids and young-at-heart adults to pass a rainy day... I had fun!

hootowls

ps I will post my daughter's project if she will let me.

19 seconds long

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=3056153&alb=142927

Update - Project Show Posted!

Here is the link to my daughter's project. Her partner loves transitions and tried to use everyone. I love the way it is in 3 sections and each section is in a different technique. The main point is this shows is how user friendly PSG really is. I gave them an overview and got them started. They did the rest other than adding the music and burning the cd.

No video, but lots of images. About 10 minutes. No menu.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=3059541&alb=142927
Last edited by hootowls on Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

Re: PSG as a Stop Action Editor

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:14 am

Now THAT was fun to watch and way too short. If you don't do more of this kind of thing, if you don't expand it into a full-length slide show, you'll be forced to go off to contemplate your sins. :D

Just by chance, I've been working in my ersatz photo studio with a setup that will require sections done just like you've done. I already know that the most difficult part is maintaining a steady hand and supreme patience. And a really sturdy tripod. And hours to spend in Photoshop. And no ringing phones. And camera using its AC adaptor. Oh yeah, and lots of swear words in reserve.

And a sense of humor like yours.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:29 pm

Great idea -- you, too, can be a movie maker! :D

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

ctimaging

Postby ctimaging » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:07 pm

Very nicely done. I never thought of using PSG in this fashion.

Postby nannybear » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:00 am

Me either! that was great, thanks for sharing that technique...cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

hootowls

Re: PSG as a Stop Action Editor - Update

Postby hootowls » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:02 pm

Here is the link to my daughter's project. Her partner loves transitions and tried to use every one. I love the way it is in 3 sections and each section is in a different technique. The main point for sharing this shows is how user friendly PSG really is. I gave them an overview, a few basics, and got them started. They did the rest other than adding the music and burning the cd.

No video, but lots of images. About 10 minutes. No menu.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=3059541&alb=142927

hootowls

Esteemed Member

Re: PSG as a Stop Action Editor - Update

Postby Alan » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:59 am

How disappointing. The show has been taken down. I've been googling for a while looking for examples / tutorials for ideas for "stop action". :cry:

Alan
Downunder
Alan

Sydney, Australia

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks