PSG does not take MP3

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
SSteve

PSG does not take MP3

Postby SSteve » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:10 pm

Maybe this is an on going thing and I just never knew.because I have all ways used wav files for my shows.But I am making a Wedding slide show for my grand daughter she has a special singer she likes so I got on line and found the music for her it saved it as a MP3.I suppose I could have ask it to save as a wav file.Now it plays on my cp with WMP and sounds ok.But when I insert it to my show it just squeals sounds like scratch your finger nails no a chalk board but 10 time louder.So I took a couple of them into audacity and converted them to a wave.But then they go from 3 mb to 32 mb.Way to big so then I Took it into my recorder and compressed it now I am back to 2 mb but the sound is not all that good.Does'nt PSG use mp3's ?? Any ideas
Steve

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: PSG does not take MP3

Postby VernonRobinson » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:30 pm

SSteve wrote:Maybe this is an on going thing and I just never knew.because I have all ways used wav files for my shows.But I am making a Wedding slide show for my grand daughter she has a special singer she likes so I got on line and found the music for her it saved it as a MP3.I suppose I could have ask it to save as a wav file.Now it plays on my cp with WMP and sounds ok.But when I insert it to my show it just squeals sounds like scratch your finger nails no a chalk board but 10 time louder.So I took a couple of them into audacity and converted them to a wave.But then they go from 3 mb to 32 mb.Way to big so then I Took it into my recorder and compressed it now I am back to 2 mb but the sound is not all that good.Does'nt PSG use mp3's ?? Any ideas
Steve

Steve,
ProShow does use MP3s. I would suggest that you use Audacity and save it as an MP3. This should work pretty well. You may have to get the LAME Encoder from their site to do MP3s.

Regards,
-Vernon

SSteve

Postby SSteve » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:19 pm

Vernon
Is there a trick to D/L the Lame.I donwloaded it saved it in my Audacity folder.Then opend up audacity and tryed to save a mp3 and it told me I needed to show it where it was at. I opened up the folder and and then click and said it could not find it ?? should I go back remove and do it again ??

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:00 am

SSteve wrote:Vernon
Is there a trick to D/L the Lame.I donwloaded it saved it in my Audacity folder.Then opend up audacity and tryed to save a mp3 and it told me I needed to show it where it was at. I opened up the folder and and then click and said it could not find it ?? should I go back remove and do it again ??

Steve,
I had no problem with the Lame encoder. Once I pointed to where the DLL was, it was no issue. Never had to look at it again. Just as a way of verification, you did unzip the file you downloaded, correct? Once the file is unzipped, the first time you try and export, you should point to where the unzipped file (lame_enc.dll) is on your hard drive. After that, it should be bullet proof.

-Vernon

SSteve

Postby SSteve » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:53 am

I got it I went back and there was lot of stuff there.I opened ever folder found nothing that look like what it as asking for "lame dll" so I removed it and redid the dL from a different source and all went well from there on.
Thanks a million
Steve

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:27 am

Steve,
Glad you were able to get it resolved.

-Vernon

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks