Border Effect

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
nebgranny

Re: Border Effect

Postby nebgranny » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:44 pm

I just did the tutorial and the transistion wipes out the photo makes it black out as it runs? What did I do wrong? I thought I followed the turorial both ways to a T, but must be doing something wrong somewhere. Thanks Neb

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby dilyla » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:01 pm

Neb -

It's my tutorial you're watching... my first guess would be that you have the wipe applied to the wrong layer. Go back to your show & make sure the wipe/transition is on Layer 2 (the same layer that should have the border applied.) It's easy to get the two layers mixed up since they are two identical photos! I speak from experience -- been there & done that! :D

- Diana
Dilyla's Designs
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

Postby Barbara_K » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:51 pm

Diana: Nebgranny is using PSG which doesn't support transitions for layers.

Neb: Read some of the earlier posts in this thread. There are a couple of posts listing ways to do this effect in Gold.

Barbara

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby dilyla » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:03 pm

Oops. Thanks, Barbara! I just clicked the email link on the topic notification to come in directly to the post and didn't notice it was in the Gold section.

This post originated in the Producer section & it was duped/moved here because the effect worked in Gold, too. I'll have to pay closer attention to the topic notifications next time! :)

- Diana
Dilyla's Designs
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

Postby Barbara_K » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:48 am

nebgranny wrote:I just did the tutorial and the transistion wipes out the photo makes it black out as it runs? What did I do wrong? I thought I followed the turorial both ways to a T, but must be doing something wrong somewhere. Thanks Neb

Neb,

Here's a quick tutorial of the way I create this effect. Hope it helps.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 6804&alb=0

Barbara

nebgranny

Postby nebgranny » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:59 am

BarbaraK:

Wonderful Wonderful ...It was clear as a bell and so easy to do.

I am going to somehow incorporate it into the slideshow I am creating for my dear friends 55th Wedding Anniversary. I have her and all her childrens wedding pictures. I turned them into a black and white and then colored just the flowers in photoshop. I used the colored balck and white photo as the first slide picture. I put the borders on the colored photo in photoshop using your tutorial to do so..and then used the radar clockwise transistion and as it runs the border works and the black and white picture goes to color. It is so cool.

Thanks BarbaraK for your help, it worked so well, I am so happy. Also Diana thanks for your post about this effect . I just love learning all of the cool things we can do in Gold. I have another technique I need help with so will be posting another help call soon. Neb

Postby Auster » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:10 am

Have a look at Professor Franklin for some good frames and borders. I got the basic program free with a photo mag about 4 years ago and still use the border effects for slide shows.

Postby rita » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:25 am

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THESE INSTRUCTIONS. I was struggling with what a few other people said to do and your instructions made it so simple for me. In Photoshop, I made a texturized silver frame and it looks awesome in the slide show when it "gets put around" the picture. Thanks again!

Barbara_K wrote:Nantory,

Since this effect must be done with multiple slides rather than keyframes as in Producer it is not necessary to use multiple layers on a slide. Quickest, easiest way is:
1. Slide one - put in the chosen image and adjust zoom to whatever you want as long as its small enough to show the border on the next slide.
2. Slide two - same image as slide one with same zoom and position. Add a border.

Use the radar-clockwise transition or whichever you prefer. I usually set the slide time to 0 secs. and the transition time to about 6 secs.

Since the width of the border is not adjustable in Gold I usually use Photoshop to add a border to a copy of the photo that I want to use this effect with. If you use a third party application to add a border make sure you put the border inside the original photo or else the images will not match in PSG without adjusting zoom.

Barbara

Previous

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks