ISO Burner

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
SSteve

ISO Burner

Postby SSteve » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:54 am

I really did try to do a search on this worded it several different ways got nothing.The large show I posted about here while back having trouble with it and was advised to break it up I did.Now I have it in 3 parts I have it saved a regular normal save and also a ISO save.I have tried a couple iso burners nothing seems to work.I would like this to be on one disc is there away to go about this ??.I have Nero 7,Magic ISO it will only burn up to 300 MB wants me to buy any bigger than that.I also have Imgburn
Steve

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: ISO Burner

Postby DickK » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:09 am

There's no reason I know of that, if you use Imgburn, there would be a limit short of whatever the physical media can handle and that's 4GB for a DVD. The software may be simply reporting what it "sees" via the DVD driver. Have you tried looking for an update to either the driver or the actual DVD firmware?
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby TinaJ » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:29 am

Dick I started to answer the question but then I got stuck. When I make a show, I always do the iso file. Then I close proshow and open my computer; c drive; program files; photodex; proshow; and have my iso files stored there. I have vista and just double click the show I want to burn and it does it with the default burner in the computer. I believe it's power to go. So, how would I add different iso shows to the disk? I wonder if that is what may be hanging Steve up as well.
Tina
PSG 3, PSP 4, Photoshop CS, Sony Alpha 200,
Grade 2/3 teacher
Somebody's Nanny all the time!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:35 am

Steve

You say you have split the show into three separate parts. Does this mean you have three separate ISO that you are trying to burn to one DVD? If so, you cannot do this as each is an image of one disc.

The ISO will have to be 'decrypted' (for want of a word I cannot think of) and then combined with the other ISO's to make one ISO file.

A quick 'google' found this, as you have MagicISO, hope you can understand it :roll:

MagicISO FAQ #0001

You are here: MagicISO FAQ > How to combine 5 cd's into 1 DVD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question:

Hi i have downloaded your software and here is what i'm trying to do:

I have a original game that is on 5 cd's and i want to put it on 1 DVD, if i do 5 ISO's is there a way to create 1 ISO with all 5 to then burn it to a DVD?

Answer:

Please do the steps below.
1. Download daemon-tools from http://www.daeomon-tools.cc/ and install it.
2. Open the first iso image with MagicISO.
3. Mount the second iso image with daemon-tools
4. Drag and drop all files from the cd that mounted with second the iso image to MagicISO.
5. Repeat step #3-#4 to add third-fifth iso image.
6. click "save" button to save the iso image.

Best Regards.
MagicISO, Inc.

Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

SSteve

Postby SSteve » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:07 pm

briancbb wrote:Steve

You say you have split the show into three separate parts. Does this mean you have three separate ISO that you are trying to burn to one DVD? If so, you cannot do this as each is an image of one disc.

The ISO will have to be 'decrypted' (for want of a word I cannot think of) and then combined with the other ISO's to make one ISO file.

A quick 'google' found this, as you have MagicISO, hope you can understand it :roll:

MagicISO FAQ #0001

You are here: MagicISO FAQ > How to combine 5 cd's into 1 DVD

Brian
I copied the url you have in the attached message for Dameon but could nmot find any thing to D/L??
Steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question:

Hi i have downloaded your software and here is what i'm trying to do:

I have a original game that is on 5 cd's and i want to put it on 1 DVD, if i do 5 ISO's is there a way to create 1 ISO with all 5 to then burn it to a DVD?

Answer:

Please do the steps below.
1. Download daemon-tools from http://www.daeomon-tools.cc/ and install it.
2. Open the first iso image with MagicISO.
3. Mount the second iso image with daemon-tools
4. Drag and drop all files from the cd that mounted with second the iso image to MagicISO.
5. Repeat step #3-#4 to add third-fifth iso image.
6. click "save" button to save the iso image.

Best Regards.
MagicISO, Inc.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby TinaJ » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:18 pm

Boy Brian, I certainly had a senior moment! I forgot that when I do my grandkids shows, I do 4 separate shows, then add them together to create the iso file! Don't know what I was thinking earlier!!! Thanks!
Tina
PSG 3, PSP 4, Photoshop CS, Sony Alpha 200,
Grade 2/3 teacher
Somebody's Nanny all the time!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:28 pm

Sorry Steve,

The link was spelt incorrectly from where I cut and pasted from :oops:

There is an extra 'o' should read 'daemon'. I have never used this method, but it was in the 'MagicISO' FAQ's.

There is another program I have found, and the trial is 30 days fully functional, that is DVDFab v 5.0.6.0. (just google 'DVDFab') It appears this has a merge function that will merge ISO files into one. Once again, I have never tried it, but the tutorials look simpler than the MagicISO instructions.

I have always wondered if this was possible, but never looked, hence my interest.
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

SSteve

Postby SSteve » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:28 pm

Not having much luck even trying to burn one iso I have to make 48 copys of this was why I was trying to get them all on one DVd.But I am now trying to just burn them as a svcd.and that means 150 copys lord oh lord the time.
Steve

SSteve

Postby SSteve » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:13 pm

I have made more coasters even though I am trying to use RW most of the time.But I have not been able to get any thing much done.I did make 3 SVCD's so I do have them on a disc.
I was staggering around in Nero and found this.Opened up Nero 7 ,make your own DVD-Video/Import Disc/( so I took all 3 of my svcd's inserted them as it ask for them)Click on import/leave it all highlighted and click on OK/it loads it/Then do the same thing for each of the other 2 disc/Now when they are in there I can click on review and watch the whole show.Ever thing looks good then I saved it to a folder.And then it wants to burn it so I put in a DVD-RW and it does it's thing 46 min.When all done I put it into my DVD player and it says do you want to format.I then tried a CD-R went thru all the same things and when I put in DVD player same thing.When put this on my computer and open it up it shows the disc is empty.If I rt click and take it to properties it says the file is "NVC [ DVD VIDEO ]"
I sure hope some one has an idea for me.I am sure you will need more infromation just ask please
Steve

Postby pdmom3 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:25 pm

Hope this helps somewhat:

the nvc file isn't the media file, it is only the project file for Nero Vision.
You will need to use Nero Vision to burn the project to disc or export to a video file

.NVC File Extension - NeroVision Express Project File
File Description Video project saved by NeroVision Express (NVE) video-editing software; may also be a slideshow created by NeroVision Express that can be exported as video file; can be burned to a DVD when completed.

SSteve

Postby SSteve » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:56 am

pdmom3 wrote:Hope this helps somewhat:

the nvc file isn't the media file, it is only the project file for Nero Vision.
You will need to use Nero Vision to burn the project to disc or export to a video file

.NVC File Extension - NeroVision Express Project File
File Description Video project saved by NeroVision Express (NVE) video-editing software; may also be a slideshow created by NeroVision Express that can be exported as video file; can be burned to a DVD when completed.

Nero Vision is what it is burning with that use's the full time to do all the the good stuff.Then when completed I have a blank DVD? Thanks
Steve

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks