proshow gold and photoshop 6

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

proshow gold and photoshop 6

Postby new 2 proshow » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:52 pm

Hi all -
I read in the 3.2 manual that you can use external editing programs within proshow. I followed the steps to add adobe photoshop elements 6.0: edit/preferences/external editors and added photoshop. It appears to have accepted it, when I exited then went back to that location, both ps and photoshop were there. I was not able to edit with photoshop though, just not an option offered. I called CS who advised me to go to layers/edit and click on edit and photoshop should kick in. It didn't. The CS rep said sometimes photoshop won't work in ps. So I tried it with Corel paint shop pro, also appear to have been linked however that won't open either. Has anyone tried this and succeeded? Any suggestions? Thanks so much.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: proshow gold and photoshop 6

Postby DickK » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:34 pm

new 2 proshow wrote:Hi all -
I read in the 3.2 manual that you can use external editing programs within proshow. I followed the steps to add adobe photoshop elements 6.0: edit/preferences/external editors and added photoshop. It appears to have accepted it, when I exited then went back to that location, both ps and photoshop were there.

Okay, exactly what did you do to set PSE as the editor? You need to use the browse button and navigate to where PSE is installed, then select the editor. There will be several programs (executables) listed, choose the one with the word editor in it.

new 2 proshow wrote: I was not able to edit with photoshop though, just not an option offered.

Not sure what you mean here. If configured properly (above), the external editor will be launched and load the picture, if on the layers screen you click on the EDIT button underneath the thumbnail of the image layer in the upper right. So far as I know that's the only place the link between the two programs gets invoked.

Hope that will help but if not, ask some more questions and we'll see what can be done.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby heckydog » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:35 pm

I had Photoshop CS3 as my external editor and it worked fine for me.

I then changed it to Elements 5.0 and that also worked.

Could be a procedural thing in PS that's causing the problem. When you edit the photo are you saving it with the same name before you exit PS? Just a thought. :D

Postby new 2 proshow » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:12 pm

Hey, it worked! You are wonderful, thanks so much - Amy

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks