Video Clips Format

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
Bill McMahon

Video Clips Format

Postby Bill McMahon » Tue May 27, 2008 5:12 am

What is the best format for video clips used in the slideshow? When I add video in AVI they are not editable, any suggestions?
Bill

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Video Clips Format

Postby DickK » Tue May 27, 2008 6:28 am

Best in what way? Video clips aren't editable, per se, inside PSG no matter the type tho' you can trim it's length.
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Bill McMahon

Postby Bill McMahon » Tue May 27, 2008 8:27 am

Thanks Dick for the quick reply...how do I shorten the clip within PSG?
Bill

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Tue May 27, 2008 11:18 am

Just go to the layers menu/dialog. Select the layer that is the video. Lower right on the layers dialog is the "Video Clip Settings" area and there's a "Trim Clip" button. Haven't used it recently but it should work.
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Bill McMahon

Postby Bill McMahon » Wed May 28, 2008 5:18 am

Dick, Thanks so much for the direction, that worked fine. I didn't even know the section was there, it's always fun to discover another tool. As always you are right on, thanks again.
Bill

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Wed May 28, 2008 4:38 pm

Glad it worked out.
Dick

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks