Transitions

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Transitions

Postby pdmom3 » Tue May 20, 2008 6:48 am

I know there are many transitions in ProShow, but if I wanted to use a different type of transition, how would I do this? Thanks.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Transitions

Postby 57Corvette » Tue May 20, 2008 7:24 am

By default, the AB transition is usually what you will have when you start a new show. Just use your mouse to click on the transition you want to change ..... that will open a screen with all the transitions on it. Just click on the one you want to use ........ and your done.

Bob
Nikon D80
ProShow Producer
CS3 Extended
Paint Shop Pro xi

SSteve

Postby SSteve » Tue May 20, 2008 7:26 am

Bump
I am also interested in this answer.Plus is there a setting when I would like to watch a post and be emailed on it or do I need to do a new post and Bump??I really did look
Steve

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Tue May 20, 2008 7:36 am

Steve

Click on 'subscribe topic' at the bottom of the page to be emailed when there is a new post on the topic.

The wording will be chaneged to 'unsubscribe topic' so that you can canel it when you want to.

Brian
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Postby pdmom3 » Tue May 20, 2008 8:06 am

Thanks Bob, I understand about using the transitions provided by ProShow, but I was wondering if there was a way of using other types of transitions?

SSteve

Postby SSteve » Tue May 20, 2008 1:59 pm

briancbb wrote:Steve

Click on 'subscribe topic' at the bottom of the page to be emailed when there is a new post on the topic.

The wording will be chaneged to 'unsubscribe topic' so that you can canel it when you want to.

Brian

Thanks Brian
Even after you telling me where to look I was about ready to post and tell you I don't have it.But then I guess my pea brain kicked in and I found it.
So thanks hope I don't forget to soon.
Steve

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Tue May 20, 2008 5:36 pm

Steve, et al,

You can't change the canned transitions nor can you add to them, per se, but...

You say you want to make your own transitions, bunky? well, such a deal I have for you: ;)
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3798

Now, without knowing what specifically you want to do, it's impossible to say that it can be done and there are some things you probably still can't do this way but with some creative thinking the possibilities are large. If you looked at the tutorial in the link you've seen the "trick" there is to simply use none of the canned transition and use the other functions in PSG to create something that will function as one.

But wait... there's more... :lol:

After you get your head around that idea, you can try combining what you can do that way with one of the canned transitions--nothing says you have to use the "cut/0sec". Personally, I couldn't find a way to make something I thought worthwhile that way but "your mileage may vary" as they say.

Was there something specific you had in mind for a transition that PSG doesn't have?

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

SSteve

Postby SSteve » Tue May 20, 2008 7:19 pm

Thanks Dick
You reminded me of something I think I saw here some where.I have used it before but slipped my mind.Pdmon3 if you are reading this I just went back opened up PSG inserted a slide then on my transition I used cut and 0.Then I opened up an image I wanted to use as my transition inserted in the next slide set it for this particular one I set for 3 sec. did all the spinning zooming what ever you want.hen insert your next slide looked like it would be OK.I am going to do some shows for my Great Grand kids soon have maybe 2500 gif files "still gifs" from all of Disney's to you name it.So depending which child it is will depend on what cartoon gif.So lets say Jeff he will have 3 or so assigned to him each one will have a different gif depending on their nature.One of these will be set as a Transition between his or her images from 1.5 to 3 seconds.I think they will get a kick out of it at least I hope so.
Steve

Postby Auster » Sat May 24, 2008 6:29 am

Why not cut the transition and use the Gif as a separate slide?
(Slide 1 - Gif - slide 2 - Gif) or isn't this what you want?

Auster.

SSteve

Postby SSteve » Sat May 24, 2008 7:05 am

You are confusing me ?I think that is what I said above ?? If that is not what I said then it should have been if I understand what you are saying.I insert a image of choice do a 0 cut on transition then insert my gif in the next slide and set it as I want it.That actually makes up my transition per say.
Steve

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks