How do I duplicate a slide show?

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
Kay Bruce

How do I duplicate a slide show?

Postby Kay Bruce » Wed May 14, 2008 10:03 pm

I created a slide show and now I would like to duplicate it with a new set of photos. Everything in the slideshow would remain unchanged except the photos. Is that possible?

Re: How do I duplicate a slide show?

Postby BarbaraC » Thu May 15, 2008 4:20 am

Save the show as a template. In Producer--and I assume its the same in Gold--go to Show > Show Templates > Save as Template. This will save a template file that includes none of the pictures but does nevertheless contain all the places where the pictures had been. On that same Show menu and in Show Templates is where you can open the template you created. You can then right-click on each layer and choose "Select File," search for the picture you want, choose it, and it'll replace the "blank."

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby sheldonk » Thu May 15, 2008 4:46 am

There is another way, which may or may not be easier.

I assume all your photos for your current show are in one folder. Lets say there 30 photos and they are named p001 to p030. If you move those photos to another directory and add a new set of photos, you can then rename them one by one in Explorer. The issue with this is that you'll need to be able to know what picture p001 was and what picture you want to become p001, etc. Once you're done doing this, open your show and voila, your new pictures just replaced the old pictures!

Obviously, this works better if, when planning your show, you number your pictures in the order in which you want to see them.

Sheldon

Kay Bruce

Postby Kay Bruce » Thu May 15, 2008 6:55 am

Barbara, I checked PSG and there doesn't seem to be Show > Show Templates > Save as Template. I tried Save As, renamed the new show but it didn't save my movements, etc. K.

Postby BarbaraC » Thu May 15, 2008 8:22 am

Okay, all you Gold folks, come on in and help!

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby HunnyB » Thu May 15, 2008 8:33 am

I just replied to this thread and nothing has shown up on my end.
So, if I am repeating myself here, forgive me.

It's the same as saving as a template. But better to me, because
you can save the music this way..... right?????

Open the show you want to copy. Save as.
Then open the save as show - go to layers > select file.
Choose the new photo.

HunnyB :D
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Postby Barbara_K » Thu May 15, 2008 9:06 am

Kay,

As you discovered PSG doesn't have the function to save as a template. The method HunnyB described would be the easiest way to do what you want.

You may have a slight problem though since you said you used "save as" and renamed the new show to the original show name. This would overwrite your original show that you wanted to duplicate. You will have to open a backup copy of the old show to get it back. As HunnyB said you have to use "save as" to save the original show with a new name and then replace the images.

Barbara

Kay Bruce

Postby Kay Bruce » Thu May 15, 2008 9:34 am

OK, thanks everyone. I have to leave my office right now but this evening I'll try again and let you know how I did.

k.

Esteemed Member

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Thu May 15, 2008 12:24 pm

Good information everyone, thanks! I did not know that.

Hunny, About your post not showing up..look in your drafts folder. I hit "save" instead of "submit" and thats where it ended up.

LOL! I just did it again!! Go to control panel, user controls, and you'll find it in there. Once you are in the drafts folder, open it and "load drafts" There you'll see the submit button. It is pretty tricky fiding it!

Sue

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks