Adding a border and drop shadow to all photos

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Re: Adding a border and drop shadow to all photos

Postby Barbara_K » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:02 am

realeimages wrote:Is there a way to make the border thicker, not the drop shadow, but a thicker border outline?

There is no way to make the border thicker in PSG. I'm not sure if Producer has that option or not. For a wider border you would have to use Photoshop or other image editing program to add it before inserting in PSG.

Barbara

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:47 pm

What I have seen others do is to add another layer to use as a background, change the layer color to what you desire, resize the layer to larger than your picture. You now can have a border as large as you like up to the full window size.

Regards,
-Vernon

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby seektheburd » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:20 pm

Hi Realimage,
Yeap, BarbaraK is right. According to Photodex's product comparision page Gold does have the option to apply outlines to layers/images. I am not familiar with Gold's interface but assuming it is similiar to Producer's, go under the "Edit" tab and over to the right should be an area to add outline (Producer includes adjusting layer or image border size as well).
You can also customize borders (solid/transparent/gradient) under the vignette option in Producer. Just thought I'd add that in case you are considering upgrading to Producer upon renewal time. To review other product features, here's the link-

http://www.photodex.com/products/producer/compare.html

Hope this helps. Have fun ProShowing!

Hugs,
Stephanie
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/stephanieseek

HP Pavilion p6580t Desktop;Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; i5-750 Quad-Core; 1.5GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 230.
Photodex Producer 5
Adobe Photoshop CS6
Pinnacle Studio 14 Ultimate Collection

realeimages

Postby realeimages » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:22 pm

Just a quick follow up on this subject. That was working fine for me... adding a border and or drop shadow to all slides.. but now I can't seem to get it to work in reverese. In other words I want to change the border color on all of my slides so I go in and follow the same procedure and right click and click "copy enable to all layers on all slides", but it will only change the active slide. I even tried selecting all of the slides and then doing it.... and it still only changes the active slide. Is there something about this that anyone understands or a way to do it... after you have already doen it once? I'm presently going through them all one by one now.. but will probably change it again (numerous times knowing me) so if there is a way to do it it would be great.

Also.. is there a way to keep track of where your posts and responses are on this site. I've been all over this site now and find it hard to remember where my posts are? Then again... I can't even remember what I had for lunch! ;)

realeimages

Postby realeimages » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:25 pm

Oh yeah.. also... I never heard back from anyone on the possibility of changing the border size question. Is that possible? Obvoiously I know I can add one in Pshop at whatever thickness I want.. but it would be much better to be able to adjust(thicken) the line width in PSG... not a drop shadown but a thicker border.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:02 pm

realeimages wrote:Oh yeah.. also... I never heard back from anyone on the possibility of changing the border size question. Is that possible? Obvoiously I know I can add one in Pshop at whatever thickness I want.. but it would be much better to be able to adjust(thicken) the line width in PSG... not a drop shadown but a thicker border.

Concerning the borders. There is a work around. Read my post above.

Regards,
-Vernon

realeimages

Postby realeimages » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:44 pm

Thank you all! That's a great work around Vernon... I've already done it and it works great! Just what I wanted!

I probably should have upgraded to Producer instead of PSG, but from what I have already seen others produce on this site with PSG.... it should suit my needs, especially when you have such a wonderful resource as this site to find these little workarounds and such!!

Thank you

Previous

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks