Adding a border and drop shadow to all photos

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
ctimaging

Adding a border and drop shadow to all photos

Postby ctimaging » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:15 pm

Is there a way to add a drop shadow and border to all of the photos in a show at one time instead of doing them one at a time?

Postby Barbara_K » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:47 pm

In Slide Options put a check mark in the boxes for drop shadow and borders. Right click on each of the boxes and you will see the option to "copy to all slides" or "copy to selected slides". For future reference, almost every function in PSG has this right click option.

Barbara

ctimaging

Postby ctimaging » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:23 pm

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! This is a huge time saver!!!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:21 pm

Yeah, it's unfortunate that those functions aren't better documented and made more obvious because there's a lot of functionality "hidden" that way. As you work with PSG try right clicking on almost every thing, especially anything that is an option that's in a colored text or something you otherwise can just click on, many times there are new options under the right click.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

ctimaging

Postby ctimaging » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:28 am

Thanks Dick, after I found this out I went right in to PSG and started right clicking on everything I could to learn more!

Valued Member

Re: Adding a border and drop shadow to all photos

Postby BAD » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:01 pm

Barbara K -

I was trying to follow your instructions to add a border and drop shawdow. I click on Slide Options looking for either drop shadow or borders. I can't find them. Is it in Layers/Editing/Motion/Captions/Sounds/ or Backgrounds??? I'm just missing it. Could you be more specific??

Thanks.

Barbara
Barbara
PSP 7/PSE14/Dell XPS 8900\Canon Rebel XSi Sony DSC-HX50V

Esteemed Member

Postby nantory » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:38 pm

When you open up your slide- go to the editing section and right click on the outline tab and the drop shadow tab and then just pick the option you want to use.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:40 pm

The check boxes he's referring to are part of the Editing function -- upper right on mine. After you've done what you want, right click in the area around the checkbox to get the options for copying the change to some or all of the other slides.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby Barbara_K » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:54 pm

I should have been more specific. DickK and Nantory are correct. Go to Slide Options and then click the Editing tab.

Barbara

Valued Member

Postby BAD » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:06 pm

Thanks . . . I was just not seeing what was in plain sight!
Barbara
PSP 7/PSE14/Dell XPS 8900\Canon Rebel XSi Sony DSC-HX50V

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:07 pm

Don't feel bad -- we all miss the "obvious" an amazing number of times.. stuff that's obvious only in hindsight that is! :wink:

Dick

realeimages

Postby realeimages » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:51 am

Is there a way to make the border thicker, not the drop shadow, but a thicker border outline?

realeimages

Postby realeimages » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:03 am

I've tried this several times and must be missing something obvious, but no matter how many times I chose the border option and then right click and choose "copy enable to all layers on all slides" I still have to add a border to each new image and or layer that I bring into the show. What am I missing??? I know it will be something obvious..... to your average person! ;)

Postby Barbara_K » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:56 am

Don't worry you're not missing anything! That option only works on the images that are already in the show. The solution is to add all your images first and then add your border, right click and use "copy enable to all layers on all slides".

Barbara

realeimages

Postby realeimages » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:57 am

Ahhhh.. ok. Thank you much!

Next

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks