Envelope with pics flowing out.

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
rena180

Envelope with pics flowing out.

Postby rena180 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:25 pm

Hello all, I am a new user to the group, but I have been using Proshow Producer for quite some time. I have mastered many effects, but I have noticed one effect where an envelope opens and the pictures flow out of it. Can anyone tell me how this effect is done. I am clueless at the moment. I appreciate any responses. Thank you.

SSteve

Postby SSteve » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:07 pm

You are in the PSG section but I am hoping some one tells you how and also says it can be done in PSG.
Steve

Postby heckydog » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:13 pm

A picture is worth a 1000 words. :D

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/6735 ... 237dz3.jpg

This shows the 2 pieces of the envelope and a "picture" in the order you would need to put them to create the effect. They're all in one picture here but you would need to make 3 separate pictures, each with a transparent background. Then line the envelope pictures up so it looks like it's one envelope instead of two pieces. And sandwich your picture between them.

When you put it into Proshow you would animate the photo layer and it will look like it's coming out of the envelope. You can get real fancy and make the flap a 3rd separate picture and have it look like the flap is opening.

HTH

Joe

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:30 pm

You should be able to do something resembling that in either version--assuming I understand the effect you want. In PSG you won't be able to make the motion of the pictures coming from the envelope anything complicated but I don't think that's required to get what you want. Here's what I think should work -- I've done something similar but not quite that, so I hope I'll get it more-or-less right.

You need something suitable as a background (looking down on a table top, desk, whatever) and an image of the envelope. The envelope image needs to be just that and no more so it can go on "top" of the background without entirely covering it. The envelope will always be the top layer. All pictures you want to appear to come out of it will start as a layers under the envelope (i.e., hidden by it, so that means the envelope had to start big enough to cover them. That's the first slide-the viewer sees the background and the envelope only. We're going to end up with a sequence of slides--as many as there are image layers hidden under the envelope. Copy the starting slide as the next slide in the sequence: the 1st hidden layer has it's motion, it starts under the envelope and ends somewhere outside it. Copy the 2nd slide and make sure the image you just moved now starts and ends in the same place, but add motion for another layer ending it where you want in relation to the envelope and the other picture outside the envelope. Now it's just repeat the pattern so that each slide in the sequence moves one picture out from under the envelope. Note that all transitions between the slides in this sequence should be cut, zero time. You'll need to fiddle with the motion choices to see what looks best and the slide timing to adjust how fast the pictures emerge from the envelope. The very last slide in the sequence is a static version with all the pictures moved--hold that for long enough to let the viewer see the completed slide.

In PSP you can do it just this way or I think you can do this all on one slide since you can set up motions for each layer and use keyframes to control the order and timing when each motion starts/ends across the sequence's timeline. Not having PSP, I'm not a good one to give detailed advice there. If you're comfortable with keyframes then I'd expect it to be less work to do it all on one slide. If you're not you can either use this as a reason to get that way or might want to try it as a slide sequence as described. Also with PSP you would have a bit more control over exactly how the pictures move as they come out from behind the envelope but I don't think that's crucial for the effect.

Hope that will help ya get started!
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

rena180

Postby rena180 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:39 pm

I can't thank you all enough. You are so well articulated on the subject of Pro Show. I feel very fortunate. Again thanks and have a wonderful tomorrow! :D

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks