How to create a certain effect?

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
sweetkelleys88

How to create a certain effect?

Postby sweetkelleys88 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:14 pm

Hi all!
I'm creating a slide show for my college graduation and have been doing a crash course in learning PSG, lol. What I'm wanting to create is a sort of "animation" at the end of the show where my professor "poofs" away in a cloud of smoke. One minute he's sitting on his stool, then the puff of smoke, then he's gone. Is this possible to do in PSG or do I have to use some sort of animation program? Even something remotely close would do, I'm really hoping I can pull it off. Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can offer!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:08 pm

At a bare minimum you will need to use a graphics program to "erase" the Professor from his chair. You would have two pictures, one with the Professor, one without. You will have to clone in the background to make it look more convincing.

I would then use one of the ProShow transitions to make the Professor disappear. Not quite as impressive as a lightning strike and a poof, but with the right sound effect and say the "Plasma Soft" transition could work.

An even better approach might be to create a mask when you erase the Professor. Then you could contain the transition to affect only the area where the Professor is sitting. I am sure others will chime in with even better ideas, but this could get you started.

Regards,
-Vernon

Re: How to create a certain effect?

Postby heckydog » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:21 am

sweetkelleys88 wrote:Hi all!
I'm creating a slide show for my college graduation and have been doing a crash course in learning PSG, lol. What I'm wanting to create is a sort of "animation" at the end of the show where my professor "poofs" away in a cloud of smoke. One minute he's sitting on his stool, then the puff of smoke, then he's gone. Is this possible to do in PSG or do I have to use some sort of animation program? Even something remotely close would do, I'm really hoping I can pull it off. Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can offer!

I have a program called Particle Illusion that has literally hundreds of different smoke, fire, explosion, transporter beam, and "poof" effects. :D
Your poof effect would only last a second or two and I can give you a series of png files with transparent backgrounds that you can play around with if you have a graphics editor. Give me an idea of what you're looking to do, the size you need, etc and maybe I can put something together for you. You can then integrate it into PSG as Vernon suggested. If you prefer, you can PM me.

Joe

sweetkelleys88

Postby sweetkelleys88 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:31 pm

Thanks Vernon & Joe - super helpful stuff! Joe, I PMed you but I forgot to give you a size. How would I determine the size I need? (sorry for being such a dolt about this stuff, lol. :)
Melissa

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks