burning an ISO file failed

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
SSteve

burning an ISO file failed

Postby SSteve » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:03 pm

Several times yesterday and 3 or 4 times to day I get a frailer to burn and ISO.As far as I know I have followed Mikey's tip on saving the ISO.Here is a message I get "Optimum Power Calibration Failed.Reason:No Seek Complete" and below that is 3 sections (Cancel) ( Try Again ) ( Continue ).I did do try again and continue both came back with same message.Any suggestions on what I can do to get this show burned I hope.
Edit
I should have told you I am using IMGburn to his .
Thanks
Steve

SSteve

Postby SSteve » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:57 pm

Hi
I did get it burned but would still like to learn how to use Imgburn.After about the 4 th time I tried with PSG after giving on Imgburn ( I have all ways been able to save the images to the show encase some of my Grand kids or ?? wanted to print out some of them.Well this time I tried 3 times saving the images to the disk on the 4 th time I unchecked it and it made me a copy.
Steve

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:01 pm

Very strange - there is no reason (unless it is a bug in Proshow, but I suspect
others would have commented on it) for getting any kind of "power calibration"
error when creating an iso since it is not talking to the burner and there is no
need for the calibration burn. If you mean that imgburn was giving you an error
like that when burning FROM an ISO to a DVD, that is a different issue and
usually means that for some reason, your drive had trouble writing the initial
"calibration" burn that it does to a DVD. I have not seen that, but it could
be either a media problem or a drive problem.

Imgburn itself is very handy to use - after installing it, you just go to the
folder the iso file is in, and RIGHT click the file - on your context menu that
pops up, is the option to "burn with imgburn". I have never had an issue
with imgburn itself and most others seem happy with it as well.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Jerry Cole » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:07 pm

It sounds like you are creating the ISO in PSG and then attempting to burn the ISO with Imgburn. Is that correct?

If so it sounds more like a hardware problem, it would be stretching it but I suppose there could be something goofy in the Imgburn file. Have you tried the Imgburn to burn other items besides the PSG created ISO?
Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

Valued Member

Postby gus607 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:00 am

Try different media.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:39 am

Steve

I just Googled 'Optimum Power Calibration Failed', and the first result gave this:

The 'Perform OPC Before Write' option is new in 2.4.0.0

If your drive can't handle it (which appears to be the case here), simply turn it off in the settings - it's on the 'Write' tab.

Looks like OPC is new to Imgburn, but can be turned off. Later items in the thread say it is a hardware/media problem being highlighted.

'Google is mans best friend'

Brian

SSteve

Postby SSteve » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:36 pm

Hi All
Well after spending most of my day trying about 6 different methods at least 3 times a each ( I did turn the optimum power off,Then got a new message I did not know what to with it was "Value sector not in? is invalid) an open window was there so I tried a 5 no go then tried 0 still nothing.But lets get to where I am at now.
I went in to Imgburn was going to try and download an older version no matter what version I clicked on came back with the newest.I Had 2.4.0.0 the new one was 2.4.1.0 so I updated to that one.when I went back and tried again it really looked good ever thing was working just like it use to.It completed the operation 100% then set for awhile and I got this message (Synchronise cache failed device (1:0:0)Sony DVD RW DW-614A 2.0c (G30(ATA) Reason;internal target failed.
When I looked at the disc it was burned 1/3 of the disk so I stuck it into my DVD player and played it all the way thru it is fine. This sounds lie it may be my Sony DVD burner ?? I do have a another external DVD burner I could try tomorrow and see what it does.
I have to make 25 copy's of this DVD what are my best choices ?? I have several programs including Roxio 10,Nero 7,Ashampoo 6.Ulead burn.
Steve

Postby cherub » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:05 pm

I have several programs including Roxio 10,Nero 7,Ashampoo 6.Ulead burn.
Steve

Hi Steve,
I think that you have way too many programs that are dedicated to burning, and together they are not working well on your computer.
Roxio together with Nero is not a good idea.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:25 am

When I see that message it is usually a media problem. Try a different brand of disk. I have had great luck with the Tayo Yuden and also with Verbatim. You can find the Verbatim in most stores, but you can get Tayo Yuden by ordering on the web.

If there has been no change in Media, then I would try something as simple as to delete the burner from the Systems Tab in Control Panel. Restart and it has solved a lot of problems.

Good luck.

-Vernon

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks