Floating Images

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Floating Images

Postby Pauline Collins » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:58 pm

Wow, sure glad I just found this site. Been working on ProShow Producer for weeks now and when making a slide to use as a Template, I use one Slide and put in all my KeyFrames and movements and then find that some of the images seem to have a floating motion for a split second when I play it.
Can anyone help me here please. Guess this has been asked before but I take years in a Forum section - because I want to know everything and get so side tracked that I don't get my original problem solved.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby Brenda » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:06 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I'm a PS Gold user and don't know the answer to your question (PSG does not support key frames).
This is the PSG section - you will get more answers if you post in the Producer section.

Brenda

Postby cherub » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:42 pm

Hi Pauline,
Welcome to the forum.
Yes, this question should have been placed in the Producer section of this forum (PSP)
But here is a Producer answer:
I'm not sure to what kind of "floating motion" you refer to, but here are some possibilities:
a. You didn't copy right from one keyframe to the next (the keyframe doesn't start EXACTLY in the same spot as the previous, with absolutely identical settings)
or
b. If you want a layer to pause for awhile, and then continue, then you should have an additional keyframe just for this pause.
During this pause both keyframes (start & end) should have absolutely identical settings.

c. Maybe the most important of all - make sure none of your settings is in Automatic, but rather in Manual mode

Hope this is what you meant.

Postby Pauline Collins » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:53 am

Thank You Mona for that, did not realize I was in the wrong place.

And Thank you Brenda for your comments, I will post it in the Producers section.
I even had this same "floating" problem when I followed how to make a template from the DVD I purchased from Photodex on KeyFraming. I practiced it quite a few times and I got the same problem on each one.

When I zoom one photo the ones behind seem to move slightly to the left and then back again. Will make note of the points that you made and see if I am doing any of the things you mentioned.
Really appreciate your reply.

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks