making layers smoother and erasing background

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
SSteve

making layers smoother and erasing background

Postby SSteve » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:00 pm

Using layers in PSG I have a image raining I extracted the frames,next I have a little pig riding a bicycle I also extracted his frames.Then I went into paint.net and erased the back ground on all akll the frames.Then I inserted the first image raining on a park street 1st layer,next first frame my pig.now I put them as close to where I want them as I can.I continue with this until I have all the frames in.( let's say there were 6)Now I can copy and paste until I get the proper amount to play right.Up until now ever thing is very good I am happy.After getting them set the best I could.And play them it jumps some because by eye and hand I am unable to get them all in the correct places my question is how can I do a auto set for all frames.I have not tried is it possible to insert 6 slides as a layer that way they would all be just alike ??
I sure hope I have not screwed this explanation up to bad and some one can guess at what I am saying.
Is there a faster aand better way to get the transparent I need rather than doing each frame in erasing.My hands are not as steady as they once were so getting that mouse around the image is nerve racking.
Steve
BTW I am making this one for my Aunt she has furnished most of the old pictures.So what I have did was insert the rain and the pig then voice over and said (yep I am out in the rain headed for my Aunts house for more pictures be right back)

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:07 pm

Okay I confess, I'm confused. Are you doing a series of slides and trying to apply a picture (layer and it's position) to all of them?

Let's get some terminology in common -- a slide is what ProShow calls one "box" on the timeline. You can put as many images/pictures on that single slide as you want with each being a layer.

Putting one image on a series of slides all at once can be done and will put it in the same position (x,y coordinates). Right click on the picture and there will be a copy to next, selected, all option.

I doubt that completely answers your question but hopefully it will get us started.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

SSteve

Postby SSteve » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:39 pm

I think it answers pretty close I will go back and try again .I did not find a way before.There is 2 different things I am working on.One I want to insert an image and say 6 slides.Now I want them all to be the same position that I know I can do.Now next I have a animated gif I want to insert it has 6 frames I need to set frame 1 on slide 1 frame 2 on slide 2 and so on.The rub come when you try to get all 6 of them positioned the same.They are layers so I was not sure how to highlight 6 slides and add as layers 6 gif frames.Does this make it clearer.The other thing I did was about the same but I have 2 animated gifs and one of say 6 frames now how do I get all six of the first layers and then the next 6 layers up and all be positioned the same.Lord I hope I am making a bit of since here.
Steve

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:48 am

Steve

Let me come in on the animated Gif.

I think you have an animated gif of, say 6 frames, which you wish to remove the background from and then insert these 6 frames into a layer on the first 6 slides and for them to animate without jumping in position.

First there is no easy way to remove the background on the six frames of animation, they will have to be done in your photo editor one at a time. To make it easier to insert into PSG do not crop or resize these 6 frames, just erase the background.

Now insert these 6 frames, one at a time, into your 6 slides of PSG as the top layer. As they have not been cropped or resized they should animate smoothly if your slide times are short.

If they now need to be resized, made smaller say and repositioned. Change the zoom to the same for that layer on all 6 slides, and then reposition by the same x & y amounts for all 6 slides.

How smooth the animation looks will depend on your 'cutout' accuracy in your editor, and the slide time.

Hope I have got you right,
Brian

SSteve

Postby SSteve » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:43 am

Thanks
The Gif is pretty smooth but the first layer image seems to be jumping.That is a image I inserted one copy then copy and pasted up to 5 then I copied and pasted the 5 until I had the desired slides.So they show all being the same size and they are the ones that is doing the jumping.The animated gif looks good.But I suppose I will live with it unless you have a suggestion.
Steve

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks