changing from proshow slide show to gold

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
Jennifer

changing from proshow slide show to gold

Postby Jennifer » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:07 pm

I am new to this so hope I'm doing it right. I have a slide show on CD that I put together a couple of years ago. Since then I have upgraded to Gold and wonder if I can transfer it into gold without finding all those photos and starting from scratch. It would be a lot simpler if possible.
Thanx Jennifer

Postby trulytango » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:01 am

Hello Jennifer

I may be misinterpreting what you are saying but if you have a slideshow saved on CD as an executable file only, then it will in no way be straightforward to get it into Gold. However, if it is an actual show file (.psh) you should be able to open in Gold but uless you save/ put everything together in one place at the time of creating the show, then you will probably need to point Gold in the direction of the missing files.

Let us know the file type you have on the CD and someone can help you further.

regards
Iris

Do This Simple Test To See....

Postby debngar » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:12 am

If you're saying that you're upgrading from the Pro Show STANDARD product to the ProShow GOLD product, I don't really know whether it will open in Gold but would think the formats would be generally the same. I had no trouble opening shows in Producer that I originally made in Gold when I upgraded to Producer.

http://www.photodex.com/products/proshow/

You can easily download the GOLD trial version, open the show file, IMMEDIATELY SAVE THAT FILE UNDER A DIFFERENT NAME, then see if it works.

The reason you need to save that file under a different name immediately is that the program does automatic backups and once it's saved in Gold, it is not downwardly compatable with the lesser product.

Just try and see how it goes. As long as you are working on a different file name, your original show should remain intact.

Debbie

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:26 am

Jennifer

You will need your original images on your hard drive and the .psh file to have any chance of transferring your show to PSG. You cannot transfer and edit a rendered file you do need the original digital pictures and .psh file. At this stage never having used it I am assuming PS Standard does make a .psh file :oops:

As Debbie has said there is no guarantee that a .psh file made in PS Standard will be recognised by PSG, but there is every chance.

Brian

Postby debngar » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:34 am

My boo boo. :oops: I didn't pay attention to the fact that you had said you already upgraded to Gold. I'm so sorry.

Brian is absolutely correct in that you will need to have all the content put somewhere on your PC so that if you can actually open the psh file to this show, you will be able to point to where they are located so the show can re-render itself for previewing, create the pxc file, etc.

You could put a copy of all those image files into one little show folder. When you open the psh file (if you indeed have it) you can simply have it point to that one folder where the images are all in one tidy place and it should work.

Debbie

Jennifer

converting from standard to gold

Postby Jennifer » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:45 pm

Thanx you folks who answered. Well I have put the show on to my hard drive (it was an exec file) and it runs ok from there. I have put it in a file but proshow won't open it I get the message that it isn't a valid proshow file. Brian PS standard does make a .psh file. Maybe I'm asking too much and there isn't a way around this but I'm sure if there is you guys will come up with the answer!
Regards Jennifer

Postby debngar » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:23 pm

You cannot edit an exe file. It would have to be a psh file.

Iris explained it right. Sounds like you will have to do it over unless you have the psh file somewhere you can copy back onto your hard drive and your show content as well.

Debbie

Jennifer

Postby Jennifer » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:36 am

you're right I will have to do the show from scratch. Thanx for your time in answering my question.
have nice day as we say here
jennifer
Sad

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks