What pics have I already used?

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
Valued Member

Postby burntb4 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:17 am

I saw a post here one day not long ago relating to "How to tell what pictures have already been input into a show when working with a LOT of pictures. Anyone know what i'm talking about ??

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:23 am

If you are looking at the window showing your pictures in "list view",
then the file names that are bold have been used in the current show.
I think that if you are in thumbnail view mode there is a checkbox or
something, but I never use that mode. Note: my comment refers to
the list window within Proshow. From outside of proshow, the only way
I know of would be to write a utility that looked through the .psh file for
the image names and build a list - not hard, but it would require some
coding. Actually, if you know VBA, it would not be that hard to put
together an Excel spreadsheet that could read the psh file and build
a list of the files used in the show (sorted even).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Valued Member

Postby burntb4 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:31 am

Got it Mikey-THANKS

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:00 am

Usually if viewing thumbnails there should be a little green circle with a checkmark in the middle for any photos that are used in a the open show.

Ben
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

Valued Member

Postby burntb4 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:16 am

Thanks Ben. I did know that and I guess I didn't ask the question correctly cuz i meant to ask if there was "another way' . It's these little things i keep forgetting to experiment with such as what mikey pointed out.

Thanks to you both for the quick response.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:34 pm

There's a good idea in there, tho'. It would indeed be useful to have a function for that window that would allow it to filter the used/not used and display just one category. Or at least an option to turn off the display of the ones already used -- given the fact they're applying the checkmark they've got code that knows and selects the ones in the show, we just need the option to show/don't show them.

I think this is worthy of your posting to "Feature Request" section!

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

SSteve

Postby SSteve » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:03 am

I hope this is what was asked.This is also most likely to slow for ever one else but it is how I do it.As said before I make a folder for my show and drag copies of ever thing into that folder with folders inside that folder.2 folders are of my pictures 1 a copy of the original photos and a empty folder "images used" as I may take days to finish a show and memory not so good.When working on my images I keep both folders open on my desktop in slim one line of images in each as I use a image I first drag and drop it into the used folder"move here" then drag and drop it into my show.If I am going to use several just Highlight the one I want and do the same thing.When done I have a empty folder I just delete it.Works for me
Steve

Postby PhotoMill » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:13 pm

Might be a good idea for anyone interested to take a quick peek at LumaPix by FotoFusion. By popular request, the folks at FF put in "Buckets" to hold the photos to be used. Works like a charm and the authors of ProShow could use their line of thinking. Whether you are putting together a collage or Wedding Album, it all works the same when you are making a ProShow. You really try not to use the same photos over and over again, so several buckets of photos (each bucket holding theme pics) works well. Confusion is dropped by 95% which in turn saves a lot of time.

Find it here: www.lumapix.com

...Steve
Tax me...
I'm Canadian, eh?

Canon 50D & 70D, Epson 4990 Scanner, Epson R1800 printer
Lumapix, Paint Shop Pro X6, ProShow Producer 9
Video Studio Pro X5

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks