Suggested Faves

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
Honorary ProShow PHD

Suggested Faves

Postby TinaJ » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:56 pm

I'm working on a my grandkids yearly movie, yes I know, boring as all get out, the year in review, blah blah. However, it must be done! So, I just looked at granddaughter's video so far, and have added some really snappy music but for the most part pics sit 2 seconds and then fade....what are some of your favorite ways to spiff up the pics to match uptempo music? Do you like to do these things for all the pics in a video? I typically do a few and then leave a few. I also have video clips so I tend to leave the pics alone before and after a video unless I can work the clip into a group of pics as I did the cruise video.What are your thoughts?
Tina

Honorary ProShow PHD

Well

Postby TinaJ » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:07 pm

this is discouraging!
Tina

Postby nannybear » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:13 pm

Check out the Eagles Rays Show it is very fast paced and Michelle posted the template.....cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:16 pm

You asked several of pretty big, tough questions. I found it hard to respond to something I thought helpful. I think it might help if you posted a clip of what you're trying to do and asked for some feedback.
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby TinaJ » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:40 am

My thought was that I wanted my pics to move along quickly instead of the steady, 2 second pace. I just thought I'd ask what kinds of things others do to get their pics moving along to fit better with the music. I KNOW how to use GOLD, but thought maybe someone had other strategies that I hadn't thought of yet. I had taken the constructive criticism given here for my other movies to heart and was sincerely trying to make my show better, but guess I'll just go back to making them the way I always did, I certainly never had any complaints before! Thanks.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:14 am

Shows are very much a personal thing. The speed a show moves depends on the subject, the pictures, the detail in the pictures to be absorbed, the intended audience and so many other things.

What pleases one person does not necessarily satisfy another.

My one thought, if you need a show to move at a pace to keep up with the music, crop in on a picture to keep the detail to be absorbed as little as possible. Make a face fill the frame, not the upper torso and background.

Brian

callie

Postby callie » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:05 pm

I'm new here, and new to producer as well. But I'm sure having a load of fun. I've been using the various templates that others have to graciously shared. They are fantastic! I second the Eagle's Rays. Some pretty cool stuff there.

You all are SO talented. I'm in awe! :D

Esteemed Member

Postby Mac » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:28 pm

Hi Tina,

I think the reason why the response is a bit lacking is that it's hard to come up with suggestions without seeing the pictures and hearing the music. I have such little time to spend here that shows that I see and like that may have been good examples are just blurs in my memory. One thing I can do is point you to my first vacation slide show. It has the old music and some songs are of different tempos and the slide treatments reflected that. It also features three young kids so there's a bit of similarity with the subject. The first song was slowish, so the slides and transitions were a bit conservative, then with the second song (We're Gonna Hang Out The Washing On The Seigreid Line) they pick up pace with the music. I tend to let the pace and feel of the music drive my ideas. Fast paced songs don't necessarily require an equally fast paced show either; slow movements on the slides can just as easily fit. If you're interested you can check it out, though it's about 17 minutes long. It was also my first show, pre-PSG layers. It features quite a bit of movement but I don't think it's overdone (imo of course!).

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 3034&alb=0

Postby duglas50 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:53 pm

What is the Eagles Rays Show and how do I check it out. I would like to see it.

Doug

Valued Member

Postby Hemo2 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:39 am

Tina, I've been kind of negligent in my ProShow forum checking but noticed your message. As others said, it's hard to know what to do without seeing the photos and knowing what type of music they like.

However, I had made multiple shows for my brother's wedding awhile back. One of them was an alternate show I did that had a fast tempo to the show. You can check it out at:

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=2936593&alb=0

I didn't do a lot of different effects, but it definately has a lot different look to it than the original show I did for this topic!

Keith

Valued Member

Postby mfunk » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:01 pm

duglas50 wrote:What is the Eagles Rays Show and how do I check it out. I would like to see it.

Doug

Hi Duglas,

I didn't see a reply to your post so I think I'd give you the link to my Eagle Rays show. Here ya go:

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 4556&alb=0

Postby duglas50 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:55 pm

Thanks for the link to the Eagle Rays Show, mfunk, that was an awesome show. I liked everything about it. Take a look at that TinaJ. It should give you some excellent ideas for your show.

Doug

Valued Member

Postby mfunk » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:08 pm

Doug,

I'm glad you liked the show!

If someone is looking for a high energy show like the Eagle Rays show, check out another show I created for my daughter's "Cheetahs" soccer team:

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 8871&alb=0

Michelle F.

Re: Suggested Faves

Postby im42n8 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:39 pm

Yep Tina, as has been said, it's tough to answer as each show is different. However, in general, you can change the amount of time between slides and/or the amount of time a slide appears on screen to time the slides to the music (on the beat or on the down beat or in-between or ...). You can use a combination of zoom in or zoom out with other images (at some level of opacity that's not full) on the screen ... with the following slide being the zoomed out image that stays on the screen for awhile (you'll have a cut transition between these twom image in this case). Stuff like that perhaps!

Dale

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby TinaJ » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:42 pm

Yes it's a great show, I'm glad the link was reposted so I could go look at it. I'm still using gold tho, so a lot of the movements are out of my league at this time. I"ve added a link to one of the grandkid's year in review in the sample shows forum. It's about 11 minutes if you want to see what I'm working on.
Tina

Next

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks