Suggested Faves

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:01 pm

mfunk wrote:Doug,

I'm glad you liked the show!

If someone is looking for a high energy show like the Eagle Rays show, check out another show I created for my daughter's "Cheetahs" soccer team:

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 8871&alb=0

Michelle F.

Michelle,
I know that you must be tired of this, but you are way to funky. I like your show and your style. I am sure the kids all love it. I must admit I was a bit thrown by the animation at the end, but it was funny. How did you manage to pull that one off?

-Vernon

Postby duglas50 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:09 pm

Michelle, I'm very impressed! I love your style. I really liked the animation at the end. Can't even imagine how that was done. Great show and thanks for sharing.

Doug

Valued Member

Postby mfunk » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:34 am

Vernon and Doug,

I'm so glad you liked the Cheetahs show. I took my time creating it as I had the whole soccer season to work on it. The show was a big hit and I got two paying slide show jobs after the viewing. One was the Red Raiders show. I WAY undercharged for the show. I gave in to their request to photograph the team's championship game. My photos from that one game became 75% of the show. If you're bored and up for another sports show, the link is here: http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 3189&alb=0

I stumbled across the Fowl Play video online and just HAD to use it. The kids/coaches and parents got a huge kick out of it. There are all sizes of the show online (youtube, etc) but I grabbed the high res version off the creators site.

Thanks for watching and commenting!

Michelle

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:31 pm

Michele,
The Red Raiders show was also outstanding. It seems that you used some Photoshop in your presentation. In particular, I liked the blur to imply speed. The choreographing of the slides is also good. I like the carousel approach to showing the pictures. I think it was a good way to introduce the team. I think I may try and reproduce it for the swim team video I have to complete. I also like the masking of the team name to allow the background to show through. The 2 tone lettering to match the team jerseys was also great.

I have to put together a team DVD for the Boys Swim Team. The high school boys are definitely different than the girls The girls do more cheering for each other. They are more animated on the swim deck. The boys tend to swim and then sit and watch. It will be more of a challenge.

I notice that in the vast majority of the shows that I have watched, that I see no video. Any idea as to why? I am shooting some video for the Swim Team to intersperse with the stills. Looking for ideas for the swim team. Any that you might pass on?

Thanks for posting and I got several good ideas, but it looks like tons of keyframing to get the effects. Am I right? Any tips on how to keyframe faster? I seem to be quite slow at it.

Regards,
-Vernon

Valued Member

Postby mfunk » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:12 am

Vernon,

I do tend to use special photoshopping effects in my sports shows. I always view the shows with the teams and I've found these effects provide great "wow factor". The motion effect I applied to the one player is called "Motion Trail". It is an effect that is included with Alien Skin's Eye Candy "Impact" Photoshop plug-in.

I did include a couple of video clips in my Eagle Rays show. Most people are not so good behind the video camera. I recruited another parent to take video of the kids. Most of the video is terribly shaky and not well composed. I did have my husband capture some video I used that the team absolutely loved. If you watched Eagle Rays, there's a clip that shows some younger swimmers on the block, ready to race. First one child fell in prematurely, climbed back up on the block, then another fell in prematurely. That video went over well and got a great laugh.

If you'd like to see great use of video, check out my buddy, Jim's, swim show. He tends to use quite a bit of video. You can see his 2007 swim show here:

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 1466&alb=0

If you want to get more proficient at keyframing, study templates. That's how I learned. You really just have to look at the mechanics in the Motion screen to figure out how it works. There are some great tutorials posted,, too. Some people are really great and can set up a slide with all kinds of creative motion, all in one slide. I tend to spread motion out across a number of slides so I don't have to think too hard. :-) If you download and look at my Eagle Rays template, you'll see what I mean.

I agree that girls tend to be much more animated than boys. A lot depends on the age. The younger boys can be animated. In my swim show I have a 10 year old doing the Cabbage Patch dance. I shot a number of frames of him dancing and included them in a sequence. Just remember it's important to always watch the sidelines. Initially I was so focussed on those swimming I missed all the fun stuff going on with those watching.

I'd love to see your swim show when you complete it. What is your Photodex member sharing name? ( if you don't mind me asking.)

Michelle

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:41 pm

mfunk wrote:Vernon,

If you'd like to see great use of video, check out my buddy, Jim's, swim show. He tends to use quite a bit of video. You can see his 2007 swim show here:

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 1466&alb=0

If you want to get more proficient at keyframing, study templates. That's how I learned. You really just have to look at the mechanics in the Motion screen to figure out how it works. There are some great tutorials posted,, too. Some people are really great and can set up a slide with all kinds of creative motion, all in one slide. I tend to spread motion out across a number of slides so I don't have to think too hard. :-) If you download and look at my Eagle Rays template, you'll see what I mean.

I agree that girls tend to be much more animated than boys. A lot depends on the age. The younger boys can be animated. In my swim show I have a 10 year old doing the Cabbage Patch dance. I shot a number of frames of him dancing and included them in a sequence. Just remember it's important to always watch the sidelines. Initially I was so focussed on those swimming I missed all the fun stuff going on with those watching.

I'd love to see your swim show when you complete it. What is your Photodex member sharing name? ( if you don't mind me asking.)

Michelle

Michelle,
Thaks for taking the time to respond. I appreciate the lead on the swim show. I got a couple of music ideas that I had not heard of before. Also, it confirmed that I am on the "right path" since my previous shows are similar. I will study the keyframing. I was introduced to it in Premiere Elements. I think their interface for Keyframing is much more intuitive and friendly, but the concepts are the same.
I may do some type of blend between Premiere Elements and ProShow. I am a bit more familiar with Premiere for handling the video portion and use ProShow to handle the stills duty. I do not have anything in my album right now. I just received ProShow for Christmas. Look for something soon. Maybe I will put up the intro once I get it worked on. Photodex MemberName - VernonRobinson.

Thanks,
-Vernon

Valued Member

Postby mfunk » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:47 pm

"I may do some type of blend between Premiere Elements and ProShow. I am a bit more familiar with Premiere for handling the video portion and use ProShow to handle the stills duty."

Vernon,

It seems many Proshow users also integrate other software, including Premier Elements/Pro to handle the video portion of their shows. I have very limited experience editing video so Producer works for me at the moment.

If you liked the music Jim included in his show, look for his post in the Music section (posted as jrbunky). He has a good list of recommendations, esp. regarding sports shows, that you may benefit from checking out.

I look forward to seeing your creations!

Michelle

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby TinaJ » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:23 pm

Well I've watched the shows and now I've tried to do something a little more along the lines of the suggestions here. and I have to say, in Gold it's a lot of work! But the results so far have made me happy. I'm happy to share it with you, this one is my grandson Dylan, show is barely 8 minutes long but filled with lots of pics. Needs tweaking and I am still waiting for holiday pics to come so I can add them, but so far it's pretty neat. Thanks for all the suggestions.
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 9194&alb=0
TinaJ

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:59 pm

TinaJ wrote:Well I've watched the shows and now I've tried to do something a little more along the lines of the suggestions here. and I have to say, in Gold it's a lot of work! But the results so far have made me happy. I'm happy to share it with you, this one is my grandson Dylan, show is barely 8 minutes long but filled with lots of pics. Needs tweaking and I am still waiting for holiday pics to come so I can add them, but so far it's pretty neat. Thanks for all the suggestions.
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 9194&alb=0
TinaJ

TinaJ,
Went to view your creation and it seems to be gone. Are you planning on posting it later?

-Vernon

Honorary ProShow PHD

Oops

Postby TinaJ » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:41 am

I pulled it and reposted it after some more tweaking. It should work now!
Tina

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 9634&alb=0

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Oops

Postby VernonRobinson » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:33 pm

TinaJ wrote:I pulled it and reposted it after some more tweaking. It should work now!
Tina

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 9634&alb=0

Tina,
Good show. you can sense the personality coming through. The use of the masks helped. Yours is one of the few shows that I have seen with a video segment. Thanks for posting.

Regards,
-Vernon

Breezyro

All sample shows

Postby Breezyro » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:06 am

To All,
I am a novice to ProShow and now ProShow enthusiasts. I have been studying all of the sample shows you have all put online for sharing, and I am blown away by everyone's talent and what kind of shows we can get out of this program. I am only a voyeur at this time, but I congratulate and thank everyone who took their time to share their show.
Breezyro

What product for Show

Postby Lawgirl11 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:44 pm

mfunk wrote:Doug,

I'm glad you liked the show!

If someone is looking for a high energy show like the Eagle Rays show, check out another show I created for my daughter's "Cheetahs" soccer team:

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 8871&alb=0

Michelle F.

Did you use Producer or Gold to do this show?

Valued Member

Postby mfunk » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:50 pm

I used Producer to create the Cheetahs show. I've been using the program for about a year.

Michelle

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:39 am

mfunk wrote:I used Producer to create the Cheetahs show. I've been using the program for about a year.

Michelle

Michelle,
The swim season is over. The banquet is in two weeks. I have the stills processed and ready for the show. I am now trying to trim the video segments down. My goal is to make sure each person gets their 15 seconds of fame :) . Keeping track of who shows up and how many times is one of the biggest chores, but I think it pays dividends in that each kid sees themselves multiple times.

I will post something soon.

Regards,
-Vernon

PreviousNext

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks