Suggested Faves

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
Valued Member

Re: Suggested Faves

Postby mfunk » Fri May 08, 2009 10:41 am

Hi Wanda,

I used both Photoshop and Producer to create those two effects.

I used Photoshop to create .png files (images with transparent backgrounds). For the ball bouncing, I made a .png ball by removing the background part of the image and saving the ball as a separate file (.png). I may have used a random ball I had on file, but I think I used one that was included in one of the photos.

Within Producer, I had the main photo as the bottom later, then the ball .png as the top layer. I then used keyframing in Producer to move the ball around the screen (bouncing). If you're unfamiliar with keyframing, there are many threads and tutorials on this site you can learn from.

For the boy sliding into base, I removed the background and saved the boy as a .png file. In Photoshop I "cloned" over where the boy had been in the original photo. The photo with the boy removed became the bottom slide layer, and the boy .png became the top layer. I then used keyframing to slide the boy into base.

I hope that helps.

I'm glad you enjoyed the show. :-)

Michelle

Postby g.vandeusen » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:21 am

Well, Tina, I know that it's been a while since you posted, but there's a PSG trick for music timing that isn't well known. Go to the "Music" icon and then "Record Slide Timing." PSG then plays back your soundtrack and all you do is tap a key to the beat and it synchs the transitions to the beat. It would be especially good for the "uptempo" music you mentioned and would make the show look snappier....Greg

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby TinaJ » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:21 am

I did not know that! I just checked it out, very interesting tool. I have a hard time always hearing the beat, but now have a reason to work harder on that! Thanks!
Tina
PSG 3, PSP 4, Photoshop CS, Sony Alpha 200,
Grade 2/3 teacher
Somebody's Nanny all the time!

Previous

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks