Ghosts

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
Honorary ProShow PHD

Ghosts

Postby TinaJ » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:46 am

Someone shared with me how to get rid of that 'ghostly' imaging when adding multiple layers and movement to slides but for the life of me I can't remember who or where it was. I have a pic that I shrink and move to the upper left hand corner and change to bl and wh. Then I have a new pic slide in from lower right. The first one doesn't transition to its resting place tho without making some ghost effect. I would like to figure out how to make it just move there and be done, not add any more to that pic. Thanks.
Tina

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:48 am

Well, a fade transition can cause this problem. If there is any movement and a transition takes place you will get a bluring or ghosting if the movement is not done. Since this is GOLD and not Producer I must assume that you are doing the positioning and moves over a series of multiple slides. Changing from Black and White to Color needs a fade transition for the effect to manifast itself but if another slide is still moving during this process you will get the ghost. Its all about timing.

Ben
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

Postby Barbara_K » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:13 am

Make a duplicate of your first slide and set it at a very short slide time (.2 to .5 seconds). Make sure the start and end position are the same as the end position of the first slide. Use a Cut transition between these two slides. This will allow the first slide to finish its movement before the next slide starts.

Barbara

Honorary ProShow PHD

Thanks

Postby TinaJ » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:14 pm

Barbara, that did the trick!
Tina

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks