How reliable is the PSG burning? Is ISO better?

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
JohnForrester

How reliable is the PSG burning? Is ISO better?

Postby JohnForrester » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:09 am

After burning several short shows individually to a CD-RW with no problems, I tried burning 2 shows (830mg total) Rendering went ok but got a lock up on "Writing to the disc" (My system is about 3 years old with 1gig RAM) Is PSG burner struggling I ask myself?

I then went on an ISO hunt as I'd selected this in Create Output. Could not find it anywhere! I was hoping it was there so I could use Nero to retrieve the situation.

Is the general view that PSG is less than brilliant, or am I missing something?

John F

TracyM

Re: How reliable is the PSG burning? Is ISO better?

Postby TracyM » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:37 am

Ok, I think I know what your problem with finding your ISO is. There's an option you can check when you burn that says ISO creation but this doesn't seem to actually create an ISO. No one knows what it is for. To make an ISO you have to change your burner to ISO on the same screen. There should be a selection menu.

As far as your burning goes do you have Roxio on your system? This caused me a lot of problems so I uninstalled it. It likes to oink up your computer for no good resaon. You might also just try waiting because sometimes it takes forever. You can always call Photodex too. They're usually pretty helpful.

JohnForrester wrote:After burning several short shows individually to a CD-RW with no problems, I tried burning 2 shows (830mg total) Rendering went ok but got a lock up on "Writing to the disc" (My system is about 3 years old with 1gig RAM) Is PSG burner struggling I ask myself?

I then went on an ISO hunt as I'd selected this in Create Output. Could not find it anywhere! I was hoping it was there so I could use Nero to retrieve the situation.

Is the general view that PSG is less than brilliant, or am I missing something?

John F

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:46 am

John

Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones. I have Producer and use that to burn DVD's. I have burnt round about 70 shows and it has never failed once.

(trying hard to find something wooden to touch right now, hope I did it in time)

However the only other real burning program I have on the computer is Nero.

Brian

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks