Applying a layer to all the slides

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
dphu2

Applying a layer to all the slides

Postby dphu2 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:09 pm

Hello all. In Producer, is there a way to do the following: 've made a Christmas slide show. Everything is done. Now I'd like to add a Christmas themed border that just stays on the screen at all times (isn't affected by the different transitions). I guess it could also be described as placing a mask over the entire show. Is this possible?

Thank you.

Esteemed Member

Postby pwholmes » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:46 pm

I haven't done this myself, but I believe that if you put the mask layer and another layer in one slide, you can then double-click the slide, click on Layers to the left, then select that layer, right-click and choose something like, "Copy layer to all slides."

Paul Holmes
Amateur cab driver
Amateur videographer
Amateur slide-show maker

I'm only here to learn from you geniuses!

Postby TracyB » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:58 am

Depending on the layer you're using - it might be an option to use that theme as a background instead? If the 'layer' has a cutout you could also move the picture to the cutout portion. Would that work with your particular layer?
You are the master of your own destiny
-photography enthusiast
-psg enthusiast
-psp newbie
-psp (paint shop pro) enthustiast

Valued Member

Re: Applying a layer to all the slides

Postby pja » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:11 am

I also played with this layering feature which seem to work out. I created the frame layer and copied this to all the others slides, in the first layer spot. Additionally, if you want to work within the slide with any of the templates, you can do so but you will need to first work the template first and then copy the frame layer thereafter. So the output will show your slide template inside the framed layer.. it kinda looks cool.
Enjoy.. Merry Christmas!
Smile... why not! You are online and no one can see!

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks