Optimizing show output for web viewing

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
nwbob

Optimizing show output for web viewing

Postby nwbob » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:39 pm

I would appreciate any suggestions: I'm trying to do flash slide shows for a web page where the general public would be viewing from a variety of computers and bandwidth. Cable connections work fine, but when I view it on DSL connections, especially when they are on wireless networks such as coffee houses and many offices where the speed is near the 700kbps mark, I find that they take forever to buffer and start playing and often with jerky movement when they finially get started. Dialup is not even a consideration.

These shows have only basic panning and music, but nothing else in special effects. Are there any tricks or tips to optimize the show that would allow a better chance for the general public to view without major buffering time? Should I be looking at a different output than flash for a web page? Eliminating Ken Burns effects keeps them smooth, but the buffer time is still long and I really want to include some panning or zooming. The DVD's are great and I will continue to use them.
Thanks for any suggestions. Bob

RayB

Web Flash Shows

Postby RayB » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:30 am

Hi!
I have been through this.
Take a look at
Miscellaneuos/Members Web Sites/ProshowGold Flash
In the forum
Hope there is somthing of interest.
RayB

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks