Can't remember how!

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
Honorary ProShow PHD

Can't remember how!

Postby TinaJ » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:16 am

I was afraid of this! I finally have time to play and create and can't remember some of the things I've learned. For example, isn't there a way to watch the preview in full screen mode? I can't for the life of me remember! Also, I'm making a video Christmas card to email to family and friends, do I create an exe?

2 weeks til I graduate and have more time to play around, too bad I have to keep working days!!
Tina

Esteemed Member

Postby Shaker » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:25 am

Right mouse click for Full Screen
Shaker

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:48 am

Barbara is correct on the first part ( right click, "view full screen" ).

As far as the "Christmas Card" to email to friends, there is no simple answer (there is another thread
going on this, but apparently my coffee hasn't taken hold yet - I can't find it). If you send them an
exe, a good percentage of them will refuse to let it run because they have been told to never run
an exe someone sends you (yeah, I know - tell them). If you send a .px file, they would have to
install presenter, which, while not bad (and would allow them to see your other shows), many will
not want to do (or if they have a Mac, can't do). You could render it to a mpeg2 or some such and
put it on your web page for them or even a wmv format although both of those get fairly big.
There are a number of other combinations as well, but almost any format (even flash) is going to
be fairly good sized for email. You may also be faced (as was mentioned in the other thread that
I can't find right off hand) with a number of 70+ older folks who barely know how to turn the
computer on - any deviation from that process may confuse them. Yes, we have quite a few
folks here on the 70+ side who are very good with computers, but you know what I am talking
about ! :D

Possibly the simplest would be a wmv file on a web site and you send them a link (or a flash
file - many people have the flash viewers on their systems too although there have been a number
of threads on trying to get decent flash shows built in Proshow).

I remember the "graduation thing" -- I remember when my summer's "off" meant I only
worked full time but didn't have to go to school during the day.

[edit - ah, coffee works -- here is link to the other discussion on Christmas card ideas that
I was thinking of http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/viewtopic.php?t=5749 ]

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks