PSG and "chapters" - not really possible, right?

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

PSG and "chapters" - not really possible, right?

Postby 95delta98 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:08 am

The PSG shows I do, usually for scouts and youth sports, are always well-received. But I know they'd be that much better if they could be accessed by parts, since they're 20 minutes long.

In other words, whether in the .exe or the DVD version of a show, have a means of watching from the second song, or jumping from the third song to the fifth one or whatever.

This isn't possible in PSG, correct?

I know that I can simulate DVD chapters by having each song be its own show, then burn them that way on a DVD. But I have the ending of one song overlap the beginning of the next, so I'd lose that. And there is no way something like this (random chapter access) can be done in an exe rendering.

Or is there?

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:04 am

You are correct. Clicking on a menu thumbnail created in Proshow only allows you to start a show from its beginning. To do what you describe you will probably have to use an NLE/Video Editor to create "chapters" that would be linked to a menu.

Ben
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks